If you are writing a resume or CV for a security position, the career objective statement is an important part of the resume you need to make really punchy.
The career objective is the first touch point that sieves the wheat from the shaft. You might be the best fit for a job, but you might not get a chance for an interview if your objective statement does not adequately position you as a sufficiently qualified candidate.
As the first statement in your resume, a quality security objective not only captures the interest of the employer but makes him/her read every section of the resume, and then your chances of getting an interview will be increased.
This article will aid you in crafting a winning objective for your security resume and increase your chances of securing the desired job.
How to Make a Winning Security Resume Objective Statement
To write a winning resume objective for a security position, you need to find out the qualities the employer finds valuable.
You will discover these from the job description published for the security role.
Every published job has a detailed description of the responsibilities and requirements needed to access it.
You should get a clear understanding of this and match your core skills, qualities, and experiences with the security job specifications.
Your security resume will be greatly enhanced when your objective captures the key qualities, skills, competencies, and experience that are valuable to the employer.
It assures the employer that you will be an asset to his/her organization.
To aid your learning and ability to write effective security career objectives, here are some samples to guide you:
Best 22 Objective Statements for Security Resume
1. Excellent communicator and a self-starter with 5+ years of information systems experience. Seeking for the position of Security Consultant at XYZ Inc. to contribute in the area of information security and risk management.
2. Experienced professional with 5+ years of experience in investigating and analyzing varieties of security issues desires the position of Security Specialist at XYZ Inc. Bringing exceptional reasoning and problem-solving skills.
3. Highly trained information technology professional with a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Information Technology seeks the position of Cyber Security Specialist at XYZ Inc. to help provide technical support to military databases that store sensitive security information.
4. Resourceful individual with the ability to think quickly and critically, plus a Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice looking for employment as a Security Officer at American Hawk Security.
5. Energetic individual with sound knowledge of public safety and security desires joining the team at Tuality Healthcare as Security Patrol Officer.
6. Quick and critical thinker security professional with more than two years experience working in a security operation center (SOC) is interested in the position of Security Analyst at XYZ Inc. to help in identifying risks areas that will require vulnerability prevention.
7. A security expert with over 8 years progressive leadership experience desires to join TSA as a Federal Director of Security to apply extensive expertise in planning, executing, and operating security services at the airports.
8. An individual passionate about security and proficient in mathematics desires to be part of the team at CPS Security Solutions as a director of security.
9. Security aware individual with high critical thinking and sound reasoning abilities seeks employment at Gaurdsmark as an Undercover Security Agent.
10. Resourceful individual with excellent oral and written communication skills and AAS degree in criminal justice desires the position of Security Sergeant at XYZ Inc. to utilize 2 years experience in military security in supervising facility security guards on all matters of security protective services.
11. Proactive individual with AAS degree in criminal justice with the ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and proficient manner interested in joining New York Power Authority as a Security Supervisor.
12. Energetic individual with strong interpersonal skill and high flexibility seeks to obtain employment as a School Security Aide at XYZ Inc. to utilize over a year security experience to provide protection services for individuals on the campus.
13. CPR and First aid certified individual with excellent judgment and ability to work independently seeks to join Urban Pathways as a Security Guard.
14. Security passionate individual with sound judgment and ability to detect problems fast seeks employment at Responsive Education Solutions as a Staff Security Officer to provide protection services for individuals on the campus.
15. Energetic and experienced security officer with an honorable discharge from the United States military, plus a Bachelor’s degree in criminal studies seeks the position of Manager Security Services at Houston Methodist.
16. A critical thinking security expert with sound judgment desires the role of a Corporate Security Protection Specialist at XYZ Inc. Bringing 3 years of professional security services.
17. Proactive and energetic individual with positive communication style brings five years of military experience as a risk assessment expert to serve in the capacity of Security and Protection Agent at XYZ Inc.
18. Meticulously detailed and sound at communicating, with 5 years experience in the physical security industry seeks the position of Facility Security Coordinator to apply experience in IT systems and security.
19. Excellent communicator and certified safety professional with proficiency in mathematics desires to work as a Security and Safety Director at XYZ Inc. to direct and coordinate the safety and security programs of the company.
20. To obtain the job of Security Shift Manager at Golden Nugget, to professionally and efficiently lead security officers; problem solver, multi-tasking expert, and a sound communicator with 5+ years of experience in physical security and customer service.
21. Seeking the position of Security Investigator at XYZ Inc. to apply 8+ years of experience as a peace officer to quickly evaluate situations and decide on a plan of action; energetic and exceptionally detailed professional.
22. Proactive and certified professional with 3 years of security experience looking to advance my career with the Lead Security Officer position at XYZ Inc. where security policies are needed to be proactively enforced.
To improve your chances of getting a security job, the quality of your resume or CV and the objective statement you write play a great part in convincing the employer to give you an interview.
Use the content of this post to learn how to make effective career objective and create one for your resume whenever you need to make and send a resume for a security position.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).