This post provides effective sample objective statements to help you learn how to begin your resume or CV with an objective that gets the employer/recruiter fired up to want to read every part of it.
No matter the job position that you are seeking, you need to get the recruiter/employer to actually spend time in reading your resume.
This helps to get them to learn what skills, experience, education, etc. that you are bringing to the job, and which increases your chances of being hired.
But most recruiters/employers will not get into your resume if your objective statement does not show them why they need to.
This is why it is important to learn how to write an impressive resume objective statement.
How to Make a Great Objective Statement for Your Resume
To make an outstanding objective statement for your resume or CV, you need to know who exactly the employer/recruiter wants for the position.
You need to know the skills, education, experience, etc. that the right candidate for the position should have to be hired by studying the job requirements.
Employers/recruiters usually publish the requirements that individuals interested in the job should meet to be considered for hiring, such as the skills, abilities, knowledge, experience, etc.
You also need to study the job description for the role, which is also published by the recruiter/employer to inform prospective employees of the nature of the job to be filled, including the duties and responsibilities that the job entails.
By getting the above information about the job, you are sure to be able to write an impressive objective statement for your resume that shows that you possess what the recruiter/employer requires for the job.
Now, let’s look at some good samples of objective statements you can learn from to write an impressive objective for your resume:
20 Best Sample Objective Statements for Resume
- Passionate individual seeking an Assistant Designer position with J.Crew looks to utilize 2 years of design experience in creating concepts, selecting color stories, and developing fabrics, prints, trim, and graphics. Also bringing exceptional creative sense and ability; strong illustration skills, excellent sense of color, technical sketching ability, and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Safety conscious individual with 5 years of post-coordinating experience desires a Post Production Coordinator position with ViacomCBS to coordinate with various production post teams and assist with daily post responsibilities. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree in Film Production, strong written and spoken communication skills, and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Individual with strong ability to learn quickly interested in the position of an Art Therapist at MyPath Careers, seeks to utilize 10 years of relevant experience designing and facilitating adaptive art education and projects. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree in art therapy, and demonstrated knowledge and skills working with students having development disabilities.
- Team-oriented individual eager to work at Eddie Bauer as a Planner to execute seasonal department financial plans for specific categories that meet division level financial goals. Also bringing a 4-year college degree, 5 years of experience in retail planning, and demonstrated ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours.
- Passionate individual hopeful for an Executive Creative Director position with Keurig Dr. Pepper Inc., to oversee the development and execution of a wide variety of video, digital, social, retail, and experiential work. Also coming with 12+ years of experience as an agency Art Director and 7 years of experience as a GCD.
More Sample Objective Statements for Resume [6-10]
6. Seeking a Design Director position with SKIMS where 10+ years of experience leading Design strategy and teams in apparel will be applied. Also coming with 10+ years of experience in underwear and loungewear design, expert knowledge on building a cohesive assortment, and excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
7. Extremely organized individual interested in securing a Concept Artist position with Sony to create inspirational artwork that defines the artistic vision of each project. Also bringing 5+ years of professional concept art design and development experience, and experience using 3D block-outs and assets and the current 2D tools such as Photoshop.
8. Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute enough experience in the Account Executive job at Fortna. Coming with a Bachelor’s degree in Business and demonstrated experience in leading complex sales efforts. Also coming with demonstrated team leadership skills, strong relationship-building skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
9. Seeking the job of a Brand Manager at Rubie’s Costume Company, Inc. where 5+ years of experience working with licensed goods will be utilized. Also coming with great written and verbal communication skills, strong ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
10. Experienced individual seeking a Production Manager position with Warner Bros. Entertainment looks to offer 5 years of previous work experience in Animation production. Also bringing experience with shot production, lighting, compositing, and color styling, as well as computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Shotgun, Photoshop, Toon Boom, and Adobe Acrobat.
More Sample Objective Statements for Resume [11-15]
11. Certified Retail Specialist with 2 years of customer service and data entry experience longs for a retail specialist position with Mascot Books, to work directly with authors, retailers, fulfillment centers, account managers, and printers regarding retail, distribution, and book orders. Also coming with strong organizational skills, proficiency with Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office Suite.
12. Talented individual seeking to work with Highgate as a Front Office Supervisor with 3 years of progressive experience. Coming with a High School diploma, previous supervisory responsibility, and a valid driver’s license. Also bringing the ability to maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel standards and regulations.
13. Hopeful to gain employment with Night Media as a House Manager to assist with occasional business management and help facilitate press and events in the house. Also bringing incredible organizational and superb communication skills and previous experience in hospitality and house management.
14. To obtain a position with Kaiser Permanente as a Psychologist to develop, implement, coordinate, and evaluate clinical treatment programs for the diagnosis, treatment, and referral of Health Plan members with acute and chronic mental illness. Also coming with a Ph.D. from an accredited School of Psychology and a current valid license to practice psychology in the State of California.
15. Highly skilled individual with strong ability to plan, coordinate, and conduct religious services, pastoral visits, counseling, and religious education classes for institutionalized residents. Seeking employment with the State of Kentucky as a Chaplain, to communicate frequently with residents and family members to provide Veterans with their religious needs.
More Sample Objective Statements for Resume [16-20]
16. Hopeful to gain employment with Centurion Health as a Mental Health Professional to provide mental health case management services to patients in a correctional setting. Also coming with a Master’s degree in Psychology, an active mental health professional license in the state of Kansas, and 5 years of experience with direct care for individuals with mental illness.
17. A well-organized individual with excellent analytical and organizational skills seeks employment with RAZR as a Chief Administrative Officer to utilize critical thinking skills to solve puzzles and rearrange things to make greater sense. Also coming with relationship building and teamwork skills, and a high ethical mindset with strong integrity.
18. Team-oriented individual willing to work at Kiewit as a Truck Driver with working knowledge skills and abilities to use hand tools, power tools, and layout tools safely and efficiently. Looking to utilize the ability to operate a variety of vehicles and large heavy equipment while performing maintenance and repairs on roads and rights-of-way. Also bringing the ability to understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instructions.
19. Energetic individual with 5 years of relevant working experience in a creative agency environment seeks employment with Walkup Studio as a Social Media Editor to respond to all requests for information from teammates, clients, and other employees in a respectful, timely, and professional manner. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree in writing and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
20. To obtain a position with Bombas as a Creative Director to partner with cross-functional departments to develop campaigns and assets telling compelling stories and meeting business objectives. Also bringing 10+ years of experience in brand creative direction, and experience with Slack, Google Drive, and Asana.
Are you interested in a career but you don’t know how to write a compelling resume objective statement?
If yes, then the above information will help you make a strong objective statement for your resume or CV that will stand it a better chance of being read by the recruiter/employer.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).