20 Best School Counselor Resume Objective Examples You Can Apply
If you are writing a resume or CV for a school counselor job, then your objective statement is one part of it you should make very compelling.
This is because you need to get the recruiter/employer read your resume to get a better chance of being hired for the school counselor position.
When your resume/CV is read, the recruiter/employer will learn about your competence and what you are bringing to the school counselor job and may therefore be willing to give you an interview.
This post will help you learn how to make effective school counselor resume objective or summary statement and increase your chances of getting invited to an interview by recruiters/employers.
How to Make a Great Resume Objective for a School Counselor Position
You can make a great career objective statement for your school counselor resume or CV by first learning about what the job entails and the qualities, skills, experience, etc. that the recruiter/employer wants candidates to have to be considered for hiring for the school counseling position.
With the above information, you will be able to know if you qualified for the school counselor position and to write a resume objective or summary statement that presents you as the right person for the job.
You can get the above information by studying the school counselor job description and requirements published by the recruiter/employer.
The information consists of the duties and responsibilities of the school counselor job that the successful candidate will be expected to perform and the qualities, skills, experience, education, etc. that they must have to be effective on the job.
You can make your school counselor resume objective statement impactful on the recruiter/employer by highlighting major qualities, experience, education, etc. that you have that also match what the recruiter/employer wants in it.
You should also show that you understand the duties and responsibilities of the school counselor job that you will be expected to perform if hired and have the capacity to be effective on the job.
Now, let’s look at some good examples of school counselor resume objective statement to learn from to quickly master writing one for your resume/CV.
Best 20 School Counselor Resume Objective Samples You Can Use
- An enthusiastic and customer-oriented individual desirous of a School Counselor position with Loudoun County Public Schools to work with students on an individual basis in the solution of personal problems, create and provide classroom instruction every 2 to 3 weeks, and obtain and disseminate occupational information to students and to classes studying occupations. Bringing Master’s Degree, 5 years of successful full-time teaching experience, College Transcripts, Test Scores, and copy of teaching license.
- Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to plan, organize, implement and evaluate a comprehensive school counseling program as a School Counselor with LearnRight Inc.; serve as a leader in the school and community to promote and support student success; and utilize student standards to drive the implementation of a comprehensive school counseling program. Coming with Master’s Degree, 3 years of experience in a public school setting, effective communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, decision-making ability, as well as organizational and flexibility skills.
- To obtain the School Counselor position with Teach New Orleans to collaborate with the school leadership team, establish and maintain an anti-bullying campaign, assist students and their parents with assessment data interpretation, and maintain accurate case records and documentation. Coming with Master’s Degree and licensure in the field of mental health, 5 years of experience with Medicaid reimbursement, 3 years of experience working in an urban school, proficiency in written and oral French, and strong communication skills.
- Energetic individual with five years of counseling experience in schools, seeking employment with UHS as a School Counselor, to provide group counseling on a daily basis to students stressing enhancement of skills and emotional health, provide supportive care and guidance for students to achieve success, write monthly reports and narrative notes, and facilitate teacher understanding of emotional issues affecting classroom performance. Coming with Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling, 2 years of experience in a special education school, basic computer skills, and willingness to learn.
- Highly trained individual seeking to work in a School Counseling position with Norwalk Public Schools to assist students in determining long-range educational plans through course selection process, explore insights with professional staff that suggest new ways of strengthening the educational and counseling process, participate in professional conferences dealing with guidance counseling, and maintain appropriate file records. Coming with Master’s Degree in Guidance Counseling, CT Certification as a School Counselor, knowledge of ASCA model, fluency in Spanish, and great human relations skills.
- Extremely organized individual interested in a School Counseling position with Freeport School District 145, bringing the ability to provide students, parents, administrators, and other teaching staff with information on career and educational opportunities; administer and interpret career assessment tools; as well as assist students in developing educational and occupational goals and plans. Also coming with State School Services Credentials, Valid School Counselor License, and one year of professional experience as a School Counselor for three years.
- Looking for the position of a Skilled School Counselor with Anne Arundel County Public Schools to implement school counseling program that is well-planned, chronological, and developmental; assist students and families in addressing adjustment problems; and connect program outcomes to AACPS and School Improvement Plans. Coming with State Certification as a School Counselor; excellent oral and written communication skills; social skill; and demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications such as Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Hopeful to gain employment with Adams 50 schools as a School Counselor where 5 years of experience working as a School Counselor and effective interpersonal relationships will be applied to effectively serve as a facilitator and coordinator of learning, plan for student differences and adjust instruction to meet student needs, as well as organize students for effective instruction to get the most out of the learning time for all students. Also bringing valid Colorado Teacher License, experience with IB and alternative programs, and experience working with culturally varied populations.
- Certified School Counselor seeking a counseling position at New Visions for Public, to utilize Master’s Degree, 10 years teaching experience in High School, experience working in an urban school setting, experience developing schedules, and experience implementing pedagogical strategies and developing a comprehensive counseling program. Also coming with ability to assist in building a school culture, assist in delivering the academic preparation and requisite support, and provide individual and group counseling to students.
- Highly talented and motivated School Counselor, seeking the position at Athlos Academies to model the Athlos culture, participate in and provide professional development, and manage the school’s referral processes as part of the school’s comprehensive counseling program. Also coming with Master’s Degree in School Counseling, school counselor license in the state of LA, 5 years of experience, effective time management skills, creative problem solving skills, as well as organizational and decision making skills.
- Dedicated and energetic individual seeking a School Counselor job at Promesa Academy Charter School with ability to provide training and professional development, support teachers with the implementation of behavior intervention plans, and work with individual and small groups of students to plan and implement counseling sessions based on students’ needs. Also bringing Master’s Degree; valid Texas school counseling certificate; experience counseling Kindergarten 1st; strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and Bilingual in Spanish.
- Looking for the position of a School Counselor with U.S. Department of the Interior to serve as a qualified School Counselor, provide individual and group counseling services to students, and conduct and implement the school testing services to meet the needs of the students. Also coming with Master’s Degree, state department of education certification and counselor certification, as well as valid state driver’s license.
- Talented individual seeking a position with Public Health Management Corporation as a School Counselor with ability to use school data to identify and assist individual students; plan and manage all school-wide events related to academic, career, and social activities; and implement and interpret career interest inventories and career vocational planning. Also bringing Master’s Degree in Psychology, current Pennsylvania Department of Education Elementary and Secondary School K-12 certification, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented individual eager to work at Chicago Public Schools with ability to assist students in the decision making process in educational, occupational, and life plans; facilitate the development of student competences in goal setting, planning, self-advocacy, self-evaluation, and implementation of objectives; and assist students with college placements and applications. Also bringing Master’s Degree in Education and School Counseling, valid State of Ohio licensure, organizational skills, as well as good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Active individual with huge school counselor skills and abilities to serve as a School Counselor working within the general guidance function, provide individual and group counseling services to students, and conduct individual and group orientation services for new and re-entering students. Longing for a position at Bureau of Indian Affairs to bring Master’s Degree in guidance and counseling, state certification, a background security investigation, and valid driver’s license.
- Safety conscious individual with high level of skills and experience longing for a School Counselor position with BASIS Independent Schools to provide short-term based counseling, facilitate peer mediation and restorative conferences, and support the development and implementation of the social emotional learning curriculum across the school. Also bringing Master’s Degree in School Psychology, 5 years of experience as an independent school-based counselor, National Certified Counselor (NCC), excellent judgment and decision making skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and a sense of humor.
- Individual with strong ability to learn fast interested in the position of a School Counselor at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools where Master’s Degree in School Counseling, 5 years of experience as a school counselor will be applied in developing effective school counseling program, provide leadership, and collaborate with other educators in the school-wide integration of the State Guidance Curriculum Standard Course of Study, and collect and analyze data to guide program direction and emphasis.
- Experienced, talented, and highly organized individual seeking a School Counselor position with Norwalk Public Schools to monitor students with academic deficiencies and repeated behavioral problem, lead staff meetings to improve communications and increase problem-solving skills, and participate in professional conferences dealing with guidance counseling. Coming with Master’s Degree in Guidance Counseling, CT certification as a School Counselor, knowledge of ASCA model, middle school experience, and experience with team teaching organization and strategies.
- Looking for the position of a School Counselor with Richland School District One to develop and implement a comprehensive guidance program plan for each assigned school, work to discover and develop special abilities of students, and advise administrators and faculty on matters of student discipline. Coming with Bachelor’s Degree in Education, teaching experience, and interpersonal communications; verbal, numerical, and spatial aptitude; as well as decision making and creativity skills.
- Creative and problem-solving individual desirous to join a group of professionals at VelvetJobs in the position of a School Counselor with ability to advise students and families related to academics, career planning and graduation; follow procedures to ensure that Company transcripts are accurate and up-to-date; and act as the main point of contact for students and families. Also coming with Arizona School Counselor certification, strong technology skills, excellent communication skills, high degree of flexibility, and knowledge of Microsoft OS and MS Office as well as Google Suite.
To increase your chances of getting the school counselor job that you are seeking, your resume or CV must have a strong and convincing objective or summary statement to stand a chance of being read.
This post provides you with proven ideas and examples you can use in learning how to make an effective resume objective statement for a school counselor position.