Administrative assistants are needed virtually in all organizations, including for profit and not for profit organizations, where they provide administrative support to the management staff for the smooth running of the organization.
When preparing a resume for the administrative assistant’s job, you would need to show that you have the required skills and the ability to perform on the job effective.
Some of the import skills an administrative assistant should possess, and which must be emphasized in the resume are the ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time, meeting of deadlines, and the ability to use document creation software like MS word, Excel, and outlook.
Below is a sample of a good resume for the administrative assistant position. You are free to use it as an example in writing your resume whenever you need to submit one.
XYZ Straight Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 77777 • Home: (111) 222-5555, Cell: (222) 222-2222 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: To be part of the XYZ work force as Administrative Assistant, bringing five years experience providing top-notch administrative support to management personnel and executive directors, and the ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and solve problems, for the smooth running of the company.
PROFILE: Highly gifted individual with five years experience providing outstanding Administrative support to supervisors, managers, and executive directors, including preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings, coordinating business development drive, and generating diverse reports from databases.
- Strong knowledge of visa procurement processes and international travel.
- Strong knowledge of record retention practices, as well as information management policies.
- Strong phone etiquette to respond to callers politely and courteously, as well as strong customer service skills.
- Strong computer knowledge, such as Outlook, MS Word, and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively both by verbal and written means to create reports.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, analyze issues and solve problems, and to multitask.
- Strong ability to establish good and cordial relationships with clients/customers, colleagues, and management staff.
- Strong ability to plan and execute complex tasks with little supervision.
- Ability to generate and safely keep correct records and database.
- Ability to lead projects across several departments.
XYZ Inc., hometown, BA
2008 – Present
- Prioritize incoming mails and correspondences and forward data and requests to the appropriate department personnel.
- Generate, prepare and proofread both written and electronic documents and send out correspondences for managers after approval.
- Assist in creating professional reports and presentations applying MS Office software.
- Compile weekly reports from various teams and send to stakeholders.
- Apply and coordinate Records Management guidelines within office.
- Prepare Business Expense Reports (BERs) for Executive Directors and Managers without errors, and provide assistance to staff as required.
- Responsible for taking telephone calls, and transcribing messages, and when necessary forward calls and messages to the appropriate staff.
- Send and receive faxes, keep and file copies safely.
- Responsible for maintaining and operating office equipment and placing orders for materials in short supply.
- Arrange for conferences, meetings, and travels, and ensure required materials are made available.
- Relate with other area personnel and external contacts as the case may be to resolve issues and to share and coordinate information flow.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- High school diploma, Stanfield High, 2006.
- Associate degree, Business Administration, 2008.