A customer service representative resume or CV is a great way to showcase your skills, experience, and education in an easy-to-read format that will help you get hired for the job of your dreams.
This post will show you how to write a compelling resume for a customer service representative position, including valuable tips on what to include in it so that employers can see why they should hire you.
We provide a sample resume that shows our best tips for writing a customer service representative resume. You can use this as inspiration when writing yours.
What Does a Customer Service Representative Do?
A customer service representative helps customers with their problems by answering questions about products or services.
They are also responsible for providing information about products and services to other employees.
How to Write a Great Customer Service Representative Resume
A great customer service representative resume should be short and sweet. It should contain relevant details about these four areas:
- Objective Statement
- Core Competence
- Professional Experience
- Education and Professional Qualifications
Now, let’s see how to make these four sections to make a great customer service representative resume:
How to Write a Great Objective Statement for a Customer Service Representative Resume
The objective statement is one of the most important parts of a resume because it tells potential employers who you are and what you have to offer them if hired for the customer service representative job.
It’s the first thing that they read when looking at your resume.
Your objective statement should be clear, concise, and specific. You must ensure that it clearly states:
- What you want from an employer, in terms of the customer service representative position you are seeking
- Why you would make a good fit
- A summary of your education, skills, work experience, and so on that can help you to be successful on the customer service representative position.
Customer Service Representative Resume Objective Statement Examples
Here are some good examples of objective statements for a customer service representative resume that you can study or adopt in making yours:
”Looking for a position as a Customer Service Representative at ABC Company, to deploy 5 years of client service experience; coming with a Bachelor’s degree, excellent listening and communication skills and attention to detail, and accuracy. Also providing excellent organizational and detail-oriented abilities, as well as Microsoft Office proficiency”.
”Experienced and dependable team player looking for a position as Customer Service Representative with DMX holdings, to handle evaluation of service request notifications and capture and submit appropriate demographic and medical information. Possess a strong customer service mindset and dedication, as well as great attention to detail and the ability to work independently.”
How to Write a Great Core Competence for Customer Service Representative Resume
When it comes to core competences, you don’t have to list every single skill or ability that you possess. Instead, focus on the ones that are most relevant to the customer service representative job you are applying for.
Your core competences should highlight your strengths and experiences that will help you succeed as a customer service representative with the employer.
After listing the skills or abilities, you should go on to explain them.
Customer Service Representative Core Competence Examples
Some examples of core competences for customer service representative resume include:
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to multi task
- Good listener
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
How to Write a Great Professional Experience for Customer Service Resume
In this section, you can mention the positions that you have held during your career (stating the last three is advisable).
If you are currently employed, you can also mention the company name and the department where you currently work.
This way, you can show to your current employer that you are familiar with their business processes and know how to perform certain duties.
Take note of the following when writing the Professional Experience section of your customer service representative resume:
- List your most recent job positions (or the last three).
- Describe the duties that you successfully performed in each job.
- Include any awards or recognition received while working at that company.
- Describe why you left previous positions.
- If you took any special training courses, mention them here.
- If applicable, include an overview of your responsibilities.
Customer Service Representative Professional Experience Examples
Here is an example of what your customer service representative resume’s professional experience section might look like.
You may choose to use different wording depending on the type of job you are applying for and the industry you are targeting.
ABC Co., Florida
Customer Service Representative (2021 – Present)
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding promptly to all incoming calls and emails.
- Follow up on outstanding issues to ensure customers receive prompt resolution.
- Maintain accurate records of all incoming calls and emails, including time, date, caller ID, call history, notes, etc.
- Ensure all incoming calls and emails are answered within two minutes.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints and/or concerns.
How to Write a Great Education and Professional Qualifications for Customer Service Representative Resume
You can add education and professional qualifications if they apply to the specific customer service representative job you are applying for or if they are related to the skills required for the job.
You should list them in reverse chronological order from the most recent degree first.
For example, if you graduated college in 2016, then you would start writing about your undergraduate degree.
Next, write about your Master’s degree. Then, write about your Bachelor’s degree.
Education and professional qualifications can be listed under the following headings in a resume:
- Academic background
- Training and certification
- Professional certifications
- Awards and recognitions
- Community involvement
Customer Service Representative Resume Example
Let us take a look at a complete resume sample for a customer service representative position.
This resume is written for a person who has worked as a customer service representative for over 10 years. The applicant is looking for a new opportunity in sales.
123 Main Street, Anytown, CA
Phone Number: 555-555-5555
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking a Customer Service Representative role with LibMan Company, to directly handle client and patient inquiries and complaints about laboratory testing, as well as take responsibility for correspondence with customers on billing for testing services; bringing a Master’s degree and 4 years of experience in a laboratory environment, as well as outstanding organizational and analytical abilities.
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Customer Focus
123 Main St., Anytown, CA
Date: July 1, 2019 – Present
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle incoming phone calls and emails from clients regarding their lab test results, billing questions and other general inquiries.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering questions thoroughly and courteously.
- Follow up on outstanding issues to make sure clients receive prompt resolution.
- Maintain accurate records of all outgoing calls and emails, including date, time, caller ID, notes, etc.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints and / or concerns.
- Ensure that all incoming calls and emails get handled within 2 minutes.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (with emphasis in Marketing)
- 4 years of work experience in laboratory setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology
- GPA 3.5/4.0
- Participated in local community events such as blood drives, fundraisers, etc.
Awards and Recognitions:
- Excellent attendance record
- High level of professionalism
- Outstanding communication skills
This article has shown you what information you need to include in your customer service representative resume to get the attention of employer when you’re trying to find a new job.
It has also shown the various sections you need to include in your customer service representative resume and an example you can learn with to master writing a compelling resume for your next job hunting efforts.
11 Examples of Customer Service Resume Objectives
Customer Service Specialist Resume Example
Retail Customer Service Associate Resume Sample