The retail clerk works in retail shops and performs such tasks as greeting customers when they come into the shop, helping them to locate merchandise, and answering some of their questions and inquiries.
They might also be responsible for displaying merchandise in an attractive position, restocking items as at when necessary, checking of expiring date of items, and disposing of expired items.
For your resume to be attractive to employers, it must show you possess good customer service skills and the ability and competence to effectively perform the duties of the retail clerk.
Below is a sample retail clerk resume which has been written to bring out the important features that employers are looking for. You are free to use it in preparing your resume and hope you would be able to win an interview.
123 Down Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 33333 • Home: (222) 333-4444, Cell: (111) 111-1111 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Searching for the position of a retail clerk with a reputable company where I can maximize my experience and skills to enhance the growth and development of the company through the successful completion of each job task.
PROFILE: Committed retail clerk with 3 years experience in handling and accounting for money/transaction perfectly with a record of zero result in overages/shortages, constantly praised for being well organized and received several awards for excellent customer and interpersonal skills.
Received “Staff of the Month” award in April 2010 when the company customer base increased astronomically by 15%, due to IT skills in using the internet to relate through Live chat sessions and solve in-store problems online.
- Ensuring that company work policies and standard safety measures are applied when carrying out any duty or task.
- Accurate money handling skills especially in stressful rush-hour period.
- Exceptional working knowledge of record keeping in inventory, financial, stocking and delivering of goods.
- Strong capability in handling the maintenance of both the stock and store arrangement.
- Vastly knowledgeable in the art of displaying store merchandise to attract customer’s attention.
- Highly familiar with the protocol and process that operates the pricing, coding and billing cycles.
- Satisfying the urgent and essential needs of customer through sound consultative customer services ability.
- Engage in diversity of duties in bid to support other department.
- Constantly delivering positive result in every task with a competent work quality initiative.
- Excellent overall knowledge of the clerical position which helps to work independently in the absence of supervisor.
- Proven efficient in ensuring that accuracy is attained when handling records that have to do with daily financial transactions, billing and bank deposits, account receivable and inventory adjustments.
Gnat Hall, Inc., Marathi, LP
August 2009 – Present
- Skillfully handle the packaging and unpacking of merchandise/goods with utmost care.
- Utilize competent customer service skill to ensure that customers satisfaction is achieve by displaying appropriate courtesy in attending to their needs, cheerful attitude in welcoming them and adept attendance in service delivery.
- Constantly save the company excess maintenance expenses in repairs, diagnosing and servicing of printers, desktop computers and office equipment due to technical skills acquired from skill acquisition institute.
- Display quality leadership ability in leading the team that prevents total system operation crash down at both the merchandise section and customer service delivery area whenever there is staff shortage due to the redundancy arising from the economic meltdown of the nation or company restructuring.
- Ensure that customer don’t fall into confusion when trying to differentiate between several product model that may arise from similarity in product function and performance by utilizing accurate knowledge of product category, type and functions.
EDUCATION AND ONGOING PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma, Denver County, HJK, 2007
- Associate Degree, Marketing, Fog Borough Technical Institute, Bahamas Institute, DFG, 2009.