In this article, we will show you how to write a director resume objective statement that provides a solid brief of your competence, such that someone reviewing your resume or CV can at a glance has a good knowledge of your core competence without having to read the entire resume.
If you are interested in a director position in an organization, you will be required to tender your resume or CV for consideration.
A director is a top management position that requires broad knowledge and extensive experience both job-related and industry-related.
Depending on the business of the company, they may also be responsible for strategic direction, planning, public speaking, community-relations, financial planning and management, and fundraising.
Looking at the wealth of experience a director-level applicant has, the resume is likely lengthy and the hiring manager may not have all the time to read through except there is a compelling reason to do so.
This is why you need to make a highly captivating career objective statement to quickly let the recruiter know that you are a great fit for the director position.
How to Make a Resume Objective for a Director Position
At the director level, you certainly have a lot of things you want to pen down, but the resume objective statement is not the right place for much information.
To write an effective director objective statement, the focus should be on what is most important to the recruiting organization for that position.
The body of the resume is better-suited for every other information you want to provide.
So, you should study the job description to get the right information for your director objective statement.
The organization may even provide the desired and preferred skills, knowledge, and abilities for the director position.
You should apply the essential competencies revealed in the job description to write your director objective statement for your resume, provide information of your achievements in previous employment to support the expertise you have written.
Also, your director resume objective statement should showcase and assert that you are the perfect candidate to solve the problems of the organization.
Now, here are good examples of various director objectives you can apply in making a great one for your resume:
20 Best Director Resume Objective Samples you can apply
- Visionary leader and expert strategist with solid finance and business acumen, seeking to utilize 15 years of record of successful leading cross-functional teams and propelling business growth in the position of Director at ABC Resources. Coming with background in finance and MBA.
- Exceptionally organized individual with strategic thinking skills and participatory leadership style. Interested in a Director position in ABC Company, to champion the operations of the organization. Coming with Bachelor’s degree, 10+ years of executive-level administrative experience, strong planning and proven leadership skills.
- Licensed Nursing Home Administrator with MSN Degree and 8 years of experience in a leadership role, interested in supporting the operations of ABC Home as a Director. Coming with solid knowledge of nursing and EMR, strong collaborative skills, excellent communication and public relations skills, and advanced levels of computer skills.
- Seasoned educational administrator with 10 years of school administration experience overseeing the administrative and technology aspects of school and developing sound financial practices. Seeking to apply profound expertise as a Director at ABC Learning, coming with Master’s degree in Educational Administration, exceptional leadership and coaching skills.
- Exceptional leader, communicator, and child development expert with 12+ years of School Administration experience and has developed expertise covering planning, prioritization, human resource, and financial management. Desirous of a Director position to improve the performance and efficiencies of ABC School.
- outgoing individual with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, seeking to leverage 15 years of professional marketing coordinator experience as a Director in ABC. Coming with a deep knowledge of marketing, public relations, and communications.
More Director Resume Objective Samples [7-12]
- Communications specialist and relationship builder with a successful track record of public and private fundraising, and public speaking expertise. Seeking a Director position in ABC to support its projects. Offering honed people management and team-building skills and MBA.
- CFA with deep financial, operational, and risk management competencies. Seeking to leverage solid finance background and 12 years of professional experience as a Director at ABC Company. Bringing exceptional communication and collaborative skills, as well as fund raising skills to support business growth objectives.
- Result-oriented problem solver and visionary leader with strategic thinking skills and a creative mind. Desirous of a Director position at XYZ Company to utilize 12 years of top management experience. Offering sound business acumen, good judgement, and proven decision making skills to further the operations of the company.
- Articulate communicator, natural diplomat and a dynamic partner seeking a Director position in ABC to leverage 12 years of project coordinator experience. Bring expertise in strategy planning and execution, people and process management skills, and good judgment. Coming with a result-oriented aptitude and MBA.
- Persuasive communicator and fund raising expert with an exceptionally creative mind and good business sense. Looking to utilize 10 years of experience and track record of propelling business growth as a Director in ABC. Coming with superb interpersonal and communication skills, leadership skills, and Bachelors degree.
- Intellectually curious individual and management expert with 10 years of experience providing strategy, finance, and risk management consulting to help small business grow. Interested in a Director position in BCB to support its operations and promote growth.
More Director Resume Objective Samples [13-12]
- Diplomatic leader and human resource professional with broad knowledge of HR practices and MBA. Helped improved employee productivity and cut turnover by 75%. Interested in the Director position in ABC; coming with exceptional communication and relationship building skills and 10 years of professional experience.
- Marketing professional with expertise covering communication, relationship management, critical evaluation, fundraising, and planning and organizing. Interested in the Director position in Hope Center Inc. Offering 5 years of experience as senior management executive in non-profit organization and a Master’s degree.
- Outspoken individual and critical thinker, Board Member and Strategist with competence in public speaking and fundraising. Possess 12 years of managerial experience and MBA. Interested in the position of a Director in ABC; coming with advanced computer skills and knowledge of recovery support systems.
- Season administrator with high commitment to implementing action plans, looking to utilize sound business acumen, strategic thinking and planning skills, prioritization and financial management skills in a Director position at ABC Company. Coming with the ability to work with people from various background, 10 years of experience, and MBA.
- RN with solid nursing background and 5 years of homecare experience and 5 years of supervisory experience. Seeking a Director position in ABC Homes to support in expanding the capacity of the home. Coming with strong collaborative skills, superb communication and community relations skills, and a proven ability to plan and manage a budget.
More Director Resume Objective Samples [18-20]
- Original thinker and visionary leader, finance professional with sound judgment, has well-developed negotiation and influencing skills from 15 years of progressive management experience in the financial sector. Interested in the Director position in ABC. Coming with financial planning and management skills and Master’s degree.
- Exceptional leader and Head of School, interested in the Director of School position in Guidepost Montessori schools. Bringing 5+ years of experience as a Head of School, Bachelor’s in Early Childhood Development, strategic planning, communication, and computer skills, and data-driven decision-making style.
- Exceptionally organized professional with solid medical background and 15 years history in the health sector. Skilled in developing and implementing strategic plans, has strong influencing, prioritization, and project management skills. Seeking a Director position in Hospices Services where 5 years of senior management experience and MBA will be applied.
The objective statement of your director resume or CV is essential in projecting your competence to the recruiter within a very short time and getting their interest to take a thorough look at your resume.
If well written, it will increase your chances of securing an interview and ultimately getting the job.
Go ahead and study the director resume objective examples provided above to guide you in writing an outstanding one for your resume.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).