20 Best Community Health Worker Resume Objective Examples You Can Apply
When writing a resume or CV for a community health worker job, your goal is to create a compelling objective statement that gets the recruiter/employer inside the resume to read all sections of it.
This is important to getting an interview appointment from the recruiter/employer where you will be able to prove to them that you are the community health worker they are looking for.
When your resume is read, the recruiter/employer will be able to learn what skills and competence you are bringing to the vacant community health worker position and will be able to decide if you fit the role or not.
Therefore, your immediate goal when making a resume or CV for a community health worker position is to craft an effective career objective statement that assures the recruiter/employer that you are the right person for the job.
This post will help you learn how to make an objective statement for your community health worker resume that gets the reader inside the resume proper to read all you have to offer.
How to Make a Great Resume Objective for a Community Health Worker Position
To make a compelling resume objective or summary for a community health worker position, you need to know what exactly the employer wants for the role.
When you find out the kind of person the employer/recruiter wants for the community health worker position, then you can create a resume objective that assures them that you are the perfect candidate for the job.
Now, how do you know what the employer/recruiter wants for the community health worker job?
The answer to this question is not far-fetched. It can be found in the community health worker job description and requirements published by the employer/recruiter.
Recruiters/employers would usually publish the description of the vacant community health worker job to help guide prospective candidates in their application.
From the published job description, you will be able to learn the duties and responsibilities of the community health worker job and the skills and qualities, including the educational qualification and experience needed to succeed on the job.
With the above information, you can assess yourself to see if you qualified for the community health worker job; and if you do, then you can craft a resume summary that shows you have the qualities, experience, education, etc. required to succeed on the job.
To be effective, your resume objective or summary should highlight some of the qualities, training, experience, etc. that you have and that tally with what the recruiter/employer wants for the community health worker position.
When the recruiter/employer reads such objective statement, they will be more compelled to get into the body of the resume or CV to read what you are offering because it shows that you have what they require for the candidate they are looking for to have to be effective on the community health worker position they seek to fill.
Now, let’s look at some examples of community health worker resume objective statements to help you quickly learn how to make yours:
Best 20 Community Health Worker Resume Objective Samples You Can Apply
- Creative and problem-solving individual desirous to join a group of professionals at Novant Health in the position of a Community Health Worker, with ability to promote a safe patient environment driven by Novant Health’s principles, leverage diversity and inclusion in support of quality care, as well as promote team work and team member engagement and community involvement. Also coming with Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience in community health setting, Community Health Certification and State License, good communication skills, strong organization, and Bi-lingual skills.
- An enthusiastic and customer-oriented individual desirous of a Community Health Worker position with UnitedHealth Group to plan and implement care strategies, work with the HSS clinical coordinators, communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information, and advocate for patients and families as required. Also bringing Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience working within community health setting in a health care, experience using IDD (Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities), and Microsoft Office experience.
- Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute five years of health care experience at Yale New Haven Health as a Community Health Worker. Coming with Bachelor’s degree, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, valid driver’s license, community health state license and certification, and bi-lingual skills. Also coming with ability to engage individuals during community outreach, as well as provide education on healthy behaviors during community outreaches, referral, and advocacy and support.
- To obtain the Community Health Worker position with Parkland Hospital, to collaborate with key areas within the hospital system, serve as an extension of the healthcare team, and perform basic health services. Also coming with Bachelor’s degree, 1 year experience working in a multi-cultural community setting, oral fluency in Spanish and knowledge of medical terminology, critical thinking skills, flexibility and problem-solving skills, independent judgment with minimal supervision, strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Energetic individual with five years of experience working in a community health worker position, seeking employment with St. Luke’s Health System to serve as a liaison between the patient, community and health care system, provide social support, advocate for patients and families to access required services, and assist in maintaining the continuity of care. Also coming with Bachelor’s degree, current driver’s license, good verbal and written communication skills, and excellent analytical ability.
- Highly trained individual seeking to work in a Community Health Worker position with Sanford Health to serve as a bridge between under-served communities and the health and social service system, work within the patient-centered medical home model, and provide information and assistance to help patients navigate a complex health and human services system. Also coming with Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of ambulatory care experience, community outreach experience, working knowledge of different integrated systems of care in the community, and valid driver’s license.
- Extremely organized individual interested in a Community Health Wworker position with The Coordinating Center, bringing the ability to collaborate with patients and caregivers and RN Clinical Care Coordinator, work collaboratively with local and state agencies, and assist clients with preventative health interventions. Also coming with Bachelor’s degree in Health, 3 years of healthcare experience, experience in coordinating community-base services, experience in the elements of care transitions, and ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Looking for the position of a Skilled Community Health Worker with Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital to reach out to the residents of the community, to screen and assess participants, to provide health education, as well as empower the community and engage them in better health care services. Also coming with Bachelor’s degree, 3 years of experience in Maternal Child and Health, proficient oral and written communication skills, and ability to work independently and within a team and travel to different work locations as required.
- Hopeful to gain employment with Partners in Care Foundation as a Community Health Worker to visit the client’s home, complete an intake form, identify issues that could lead to crises and make appropriate referrals; provide information and referral for ineligible applicants, assist the client to understand and sign the application form, coordinate client counts, and participate in the care conference and care plan development. Also bringing 2 years of direct service experience and in-home visits conducting long term community care services; valid California driver’s license and proof of current liability insurance; as well as ability to lift capacity of 5 to 10 pounds laptop, paperwork, and more.
- Certified healthcare professional seeking a Community Health Worker position at Advantage Health Centers where Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, 2 years of experience, valid driver’s license, oral and written communication skills, and Community Health Worker (CHW) Certification will be effectively utilized. Also coming with ability to conduct outreaches and prevention education services, plan and prepare strategies with community health centers and ER (Emergency Room), and assist in identifying and engaging patients who would benefit from CHW support.
- Highly talented and motivated Community Health Worker, seeking a position at John Hopkins Medicine to outreach, screen and assess participants, as well as empower participants and engage the community. Also coming with Bachelor’s degree, 3 years of experience in Maternal Child and Health, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, and ability to work independently and within a team.
- Dedicated and energetic individual seeking a Community Health Worker job at Edward M. Kennedy Community Health Center with ability to conduct psycho-social assessment with patients; provide basic education, screening, and brief intervention; and participate in assigned community based activities. Also bringing High School Diploma; 5 years work experience in community healthcare; valid U.S. vehicle license; demonstrated technical experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer; as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Looking for the position of a Community Health Worker with Unity Care NW to connect patients to high quality and affordable health care services, identify patients not actively engaged in care at UCNW, as well as find and interact with patients to help them overcome barriers which prevent them from accessing primary care. Also coming with driver’s license, knowledge of insurance options, knowledge of general medical practice models and processes, excellent general office skills, knowledge of various populations in community, and ability to develop rapports with clients and community partners.
- Talented individual seeking a position with Health Care Access Now as a Community Health Worker where the ability to coordinate and follow-up on referrals to other community organizations that specialize in areas prioritized by individuals, coordinate with organizations to improve access to services for clients, and provide up-to-date and appropriate general health and wellness education throughout interaction with clients will be applied. Also coming with Ohio CHW Certificate, Medical Assistant Certification, STNA experience, as well as valid driver’s license and current auto insurance.
- Team oriented individual eager to work as a Community Health Worker at Fund for Public Health in NYC with ability to complete in-house trainings, conduct outreaches, maintain up-to-date documentation and data entry in accordance with organizational guidelines, and attend to MJO participants. Also bringing bilingual skills, including English and Spanish; experience providing coaching, mentoring, adult learning, counseling, outreaches, and group presentations; and experience working with marginalized populations.
- Active individual with huge health care skills and abilities to assist in the daily operations and delivery of community-based Self-Management Programs (SMPs), coordinate trained workshop leaders, order program supplies, communicate with patients, enroll patients in SMPs, and deliver the evidence-based curriculum. Longing for a position at Rutland Regional Medical Center as a Community Health Worker; bringing Associate’s degree in Human Services, 2 years of community service outreach home care, 2 years of experience in administrative role in an office environment, CHW Certification, and valid driver’s license.
- Safety conscious individual with high level of skills and experience, longing for a Community Health Worker position with Vinfen to outreach to and engage Enrollees of an ACO plan as referred to CP Program, coordinate the completion of the Comprehensive Assessment (CA), as well as conduct initial and ongoing risk assessment. Also bringing Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, 5 years of CHW experience, strong organizational and collaboration skills, and ability to prioritize work tasks and effectively represent organization in a variety of circumstances and forums.
- Individual with strong ability to learn fast interested in the position of a Community Health Worker at Centene Corporation to provide home visits to risk members and families for evaluation of needs, report specific health and social information back to the case management team, and assist members with accessing required services. Also bringing 3 years of experience working with community agency, providing services in health education, individual and family advocacy; state Community Health Worker Association membership; valid driver’s license; and Community Health Worker Certification.
- Experienced, talented, and highly organized individual seeking a Community Health Worker position with CoxHealth to provide support advocacy to patients and their families; assist patients with individual and community needs; as well as work closely with nurse care managers, behavioral health consultants, case management, and other CoxHealth staff. Coming with 5 years of experience in healthcare; state license and certification; and good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Looking for the position of a Community Health Worker with UChicago Medicine to serve as a link between community members and healthcare agencies like community health centers and hospitals, provide guidance around necessary referrals to social and health assistance services, and engage in follow-up care communications and case management with residents. Also coming with 2 years of health education experience, valid driver’s license, basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel, and strong organizational skills.
To increase your chances of getting the community health worker job that your desire, your resume must begin with a strong and compelling career objective or summary statement.
This will greatly help to get the recruiter/employer inside of your resume or CV to learn about you; the qualities, skills, experience, and education that you have to succeed on the community health worker job.
This article shares valuable ideas and examples to help you to create an effective career objective statement for your community health worker resume or CV.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).