When seeking a customer service specialist job, you need to ensure that you have a compelling resume or CV; a resume that clearly communicates your skills, experience, education, etc. to project you as the perfect person for the job.
This article shows you how to create a professionally looking resume for a customer service specialist position that the recruiter/employer cannot resist.
We also provide an example of customer service specialist resume that you can study to improve your ability to write one.
What Does a Customer Service Specialist Do?
A customer service specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service to customers by answering questions about products or services, resolving problems, giving information on new products or services, and assisting with billing issues.
How to Write a Great Customer Service Specialist Resume
To write a great resume or CV for a customer service specialist position, you need to learn what the employer’s expectations for the job are and then provide information that shows that you are the right person for the customer service specialist job.
Your customer service specialist resume should include the sections:
- Objective Statement
- Core Competence
- Professional Experience
- Education and Professional Qualifications
Now, let’s see how to complete the sections of your customer service specialist resume:
How to Write a Great Objective Statement for Customer Service Specialist Resume
The objective statement is one of the most important parts of your customer service specialist resume because it tells an employer what you are offering and why you would be effective performing the customer service specialist role in their organization.
A powerful objective statement in your customer service specialist resume can get you noticed and land you interviews.
Your objective statement should appear near the top of your customer service specialist resume.
It’s best if it appears within the first two lines of text.
Here are some elements to make a strong objective statement for a customer service specialist resume:
- The position you are directing the application to should be stated clearly
- Why are you the right person for the customer service specialist job?
- A summary of your qualifications, qualities, professional experience etc.
Customer Service Specialist Resume Objective Statement Examples
Here are examples of objective statements for a customer service specialist resume:
- Looking to join Fluide Inc. as Customer Service Specialist, coming with four years of robust experience in customer service and technical assistance, and possess solid competence in file management, word processing, web and mobile applications, as well as the use of automated systems to deliver exceptional service.
- Seek a position as a Customer Service Specialist with StarHart Inc. Possess three years of comprehensive expertise in providing outstanding service to consumers by responding to customer expectations in a timely, courteous, and professional way.
How to Write a Great Core Competence for Customer Service Specialist Resume
Your core competences are your skills, abilities, knowledge, experience, and other qualities that you are bringing to the customer service specialist job.
These qualities must be relevant to the customer service specialist job and should enable you to be effective performing the duties of the position.
Customer Service Specialist Resume Core Competence Examples
Here are examples of what you can have in the core competence section of your customer service specialist resume:
- Ability to answer phone in a professional manner with a warm tone and excellent grammar.
- Communicate effectively to solve problems and clarify information.
- Resolving problems and providing excellent solutions within the specified time frame under challenging situations.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and presentations.
How to Write a Great Professional Experience for Customer Service Specialist Resume
The professional experience section of your customer service specialist resume describes your work history or career progression.
Include the names of companies you have worked for, the dates you started and ended working there, and the titles you held.
When you list other jobs you had before applying for the customer service specialist one, it can give the employer more insight into your background and make you look like a better fit for the position.
When writing the professional experience section of your customer service specialist resume, be sure to apply these key points:
- List your most recent three jobs (or the last 3).
- Describe the responsibilities you successfully fulfilled in each role.
- Did you get any honors or medals while with your previous employers? Include them if you did.
- Explain why you quit each job.
- Mention any specialized training classes you’ve taken.
Customer Service Specialist Resume Professional Experience Example
Here is a good example of professional experience section of a customer service specialist resume:
ABC Company, Florida
Customer Service Specialist
January 2015 – April 2016
- Provided excellent customer service by maintaining high levels of professionalism, integrity, and accuracy in all interactions with customers.
- Managed multiple accounts and projects simultaneously
- Resolved issues quickly and effectively; and communicated effectively across all channels.
How to Write a Great Education and Professional Qualification for Customer Service Specialist Resume
This is the section where you include information pertaining to your education and professional qualifications.
Here, you have to list any certification, license, degree, award, or specialization that you possess.
For example, if you are certified to use Microsoft Office products, mention it.
You may also want to include information about any publications you’ve written.
You should also include any relevant volunteer experience.
Provide your academic credentials in chronological order, highest degree first, lowest degree last.
For example, if you graduated from college in May of 2014, then list your Master’s degree first, followed by your Bachelor’s degree, etc.
Customer Service Specialist Resume Example
Let’s see how to craft a great customer service specialist resume putting together what we have learnt above on creating each part of the resume:
Name: John Doe
Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA
Phone Number: 555-555-5555
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking the job of Customer Service Specialist at Triple K Company, where extensive contact center expertise, dispute resolution, and client service abilities will be used to effectively handle a large number of inbound customer complaints, queries, and order requests.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through phone calls, emails, and online chats
- Strong analytical reasoning skills
- Proactive problem solving abilities
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
XYZ Company, California
Customer Support Specialist
Feb 2015 – Sept. 2016
- Assisted clients with their problems by responding to their questions, providing solutions, and resolving their concerns.
- Maintained effective communication with clients via email, chat, and telephone.
- Used knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to create reports and documents as needed
Customer Service Representative
Jan 2013 – Jan 2015
- Provided excellent customer service by maintaining a friendly demeanor while helping clients resolve their problems.
- Ensured that all incoming calls were answered within one minute.
- Handled all incoming calls and responded to them appropriately.
- Followed up on outstanding issues and resolved them promptly.
- Worked closely with other departments to ensure timely completion of work orders.
- Communicated with clients using various methods including email, text messages, and live chat.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Marketing
- Master Degree in Marketing
- Certified Customer Service Specialist (CCSS)
- Certified in Microsoft Office Suite
- Certification in Call Center Operations.
Having a great resume for a customer service specialist job will help you stand out among other applicants and increase your chances of getting an interview with the employer/recruiter.
This post has provided ideas and examples you can apply in writing an effective customer service specialist resume.
Related Posts:Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).