Registered pharmacy technicians are needed in the healthcare sector to provide professional assistance to pharmacists in the provision of prescribed medications to patients safely and professionally.
The technician works under close supervision of the pharmacist and provides limited pharmacy services, including filling routine orders for unit doses and dispensing of prepackaged medications to patients.
Writing or preparing an effective resume for the registered pharmacy technician should reflect the ability, skills, competence, and experience to be able to perform the core duties of the position effectively and efficiently, and to deliver outstanding patient care.
If you are thinking of applying for a job as registered pharmacy technician, a sample resume for the position is given below to help you in preparing a good resume to present to employers.
XYZ Straight Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 77777 • Home: (111) 222-5555, Cell: (222) 222-2222 • email@example.com
OBJECTIVE: To work as Registered Pharmacy Technician in a fast paced and challenging environment, bringing exceptional customer service and critical thinking skills to assisting the pharmacist in delivering excellent service to patients.
PROFILE: Highly gifted and resourceful Pharmacist Technician with three years experience in an inpatient setting providing effective support to pharmacists and service to patients in a professional and courteous manner, with little or no supervision.
Voted Customers’ Best Pharmacy Technician in 2012.
- Strong hospital experience, having related with thousands of patients from different background.
- Familiarity with all government regulations and hospital policies.
- Excellent customer service capability and delivery, and great listening skills.
- Strong reasoning ability to critically analyze issues and provide valuable solutions to them.
- Ability to execute tasks independently without much supervision and deliver excellent performance.
AAA Hospital, hometown, BA
Registered Pharmacy Technician
2010 – Present
- Regularly check for outdated products or products with low inventory levels and report to pharmacist, thereby keeping the drug store well stocked.
- Ensure correct products are dispensed, and also make sure that dosage form and the charge quantity are in line with the formulary. Also, ensure billing data is correctly entered.
- Provide assistance to pharmacy secretarial or perform clerical tasks as may be assigned.
- Put label on medications correctly before handing them to patients.
- Communicate promptly in a courteous manner to relevant personnel relating to drug distribution.
- Assist in keeping the work environment clean, orderly, and well stocked by following established policies and procedures.
- Answer telephone calls politely and swiftly and satisfactorily meet the caller’s need or direct them to the right personnel to handle the issue.
- Participate in all relevant technical staff meetings and team programs.
- Participate and assist in orientation programs for new technicians.
- Take the role of team leader and perform scheduling and supervising in the absence of the leader.
- Carry out compounding of drugs, or admix necessary ingredients under the pharmacist’s supervision.
- Establish the right formula for drug to be compounded and measure and weigh the required quantity with absolute accuracy.
- Perform packaging of medicines in the right amount and containers, as well as label appropriately.
- In a prompt manner, fill clinic stock requisitions with the needed medications.
- Load and refill Pyxis medication as required and in the right manner.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- High School Diploma, JohnDay School, 2008.
- National certificate in Pharmacy Technology (CPhT), RichMan School of Pharmacy, 2010.
- Registered Pharmacy Technician, State of XXX, 2010.
Related Post:Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).