If you are writing a resume for an electrician job, it is important to make it really compelling to stand a good chance of being selected for an interview by including some of your best qualities, such as patience, strong work ethic, and experience in electrical work.
This post helps you learn how to make an effective electrician resume, with a good example, to increase your chances of being hired.
How to Write a Great Electrician Resume
To write a great resume for an electrician job, you will want to make sure that you have the following sections well written out in your resume:
- Objective Statement
- Core Competence
- Professional Experience
- Education and Professional Qualifications
The above sections should provide information that tells the recruiter/employer that you will be effective as their electrician.
You should emphasize your best qualities, experience, and qualifications that match with what the recruiter/employer requires to be hired for the electrician position.
Now, let’s see how to make each of the sections in your electrician resume that makes it irresistible to recruiters/employers:
How to Write a Great Objective Statement for Electrician Resume
The objective statement of your electrician resume is an important section of the resume that if well written can capture the attention of the employer/recruiter to get into your resume and read all you are bringing to the electrician job.
Your chances of being hired for the electrician position are increased by the recruiter/employer reading your resume and learning about what you are offering for the electrician job.
A carefully and strategically written objective statement for an electrician resume can greatly increase your chances of having the recruiter/employer read your resume and calling you up for an interview.
The things you can include in the objective statement of your electrician resume include:
- Write clearly the post you desire to fill
- Give strong reasons why you are a good fit for the position
- Briefly sum up your skills, qualifications, valuable experiences, etc.
Electrician Resume Objective Statement Example
Here is an example of a good objective statement for an electrician resume:
“Seeks a position at Cirax Inc. as a Licensed Electrician to assist the company achieve its mission and be highly profitable. Bringing 7 years of professional experience in the field and holding an Associate’s degree in Electrical Technology.”
See more examples of electrician resume objectives.
How to Write a Great Core Competence for Electrician Resume
Another important section of your electrician resume is the core competency section.
Your potential employer want to know that you are a strong and experienced electrician.
Through this section, the employer can gain insight into the essential skills, qualities, and experience that you are bringing to the electrician position that you are applying for.
The things that you can have in the core competence section of your electrician resume include:
- A list of your skills, qualities, and abilities that makes you suitable for the job.
- List a clear explanation of how these skills, qualities, and abilities help you do your work
Electrician Core Competence Statement Example:
Here is an example of the core competence section of an electrician resume:
- Strong hands on experience in electrical installations.
- Adept in design, installation, and repair of all types of households, hotels and restaurants.
- Professional building skills and an eye for details.
- Can work independently without supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
How to Write a Great Professional Experience for Electrician Resume
The professional experience section is one of your electrician resume’s most crucial parts. This is where you share your present and past work experience and achievements.
In this section, you will want to include an outline of your career history as an electrician, as you list out the responsible positions you have held up until the present time.
You want to communicate how you have been successful in these positions and how you have grown in your electrician career.
For each entry, you must include a brief description of your duties and the results or outcomes of your work efforts.
Here are key items you want to feature in the professional experience section of your electrician resume:
- Present your most recent two or three jobs.
- Share some of the duties and tasks you accomplished satisfactorily in each role.
Electrician Professional Experience Example:
Here is an example of the professional experience section of an electrician resume:
Atix Company, Montana
2020 – 2022
- Installed 220v wiring for the conference room with lighting systems and electrical outlets.
- Installed a new doorbell system for bell service.
- Installed smoke detectors in all houses from roof to basement.
- Installed fire alarm systems with sound detectors.
- Installed a new water heating system for washing machines and dishwashers.
How to Write a Great Education and Qualifications Section for Electrician Resume
It is important to also include the education and qualifications section in your resume to show that you have the training required for the electrician job that you are applying for.
This is the section of your resume where you bring in your educational background for any certificates or degrees you have acquired during the course of your work as an electrician.
You may be bringing in some of the education from an accredited school like a trade school, community college, or university.
Here are some key items you want to feature in the education and qualifications section of your electrician resume:
- Include your degree, certification, or accreditation.
- Mention your GPA if possible.
- Include any distinctions or achievements you’ve won.
- List any noteworthy extracurricular activities.
- Indicate if you’re pursuing any further education, and list the relevant classes.
Electrician Resume Example
We have seen the different sections you can have in your electrician resume and how to make them.
Now, let’s put them together to make a complete resume that helps you win the electrician job that you desire:
Electrician Resume Example:
123 Main Street, Anytown, USA
Talented individual looking to secure an Electrician position with BVB Corporation; to maintain the efficient operation of the organization’s power and electrical systems. Coming with 4 years of expertise to provide electrical repair, maintenance, and installation
- Proficient in the field of electrical repair.
- Adept in the field of electrical installation.
- Can effectively and correctly read and interpret wiring diagrams.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and repairing of various electrical issues, such as blown fuses/circuit breakers/surge protectors.
- Ability to communicate at all times with clients, customers, vendors, and co-workers.
Azeek Inc., North Carolina
2020 – Present
- Performs electrical work for clients.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs industrial electrical systems.
- Test, repair and maintain systems such as: electrical wiring, receptacles, switches, jacks, GFI/Din-Rail breakers/surge protectors, power generators and motor controls.
- Works on industrial business and property varying in size from small warehouses to large factories.
- Performs diagnostic testing, repair and maintenance of electric panels, transformers, and air conditioner systems.
2019 – 2020
- Performed various electrical installations, repairs, and maintenances for various commercial, industrial and residential clients.
- With regard to the electrical installations, performed electrical inspections and field recertification as well as supervised and directed the other electricians who were performing the work assigned to them.
- Performed various on-going customer service calls, including various renewals/upgrades, re-testing/re-certifications, and completing of all required paperwork for project completion.
- Performed routine calls for field inspections on own initiative prior to completing any over site inspection for safety.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
2012 – 2015
Major: Electrical Engg.
Major: Applied Digital Electronics
- Practical Applications of Linear Algebra and Combinatorics Techniques to Circuit Analysis, Design, Simulation and Evaluation in the Electrical Industry.
- Introduction to Engineering and Engineering Analysis, Modeling, and Simulation using MATLAB.
- Analytic Techniques for Circuit Analysis and Design.
- Signals, Systems, and Transforms.
- Digital Electronics I & II.
- Successfully completed the Virginia Tech Professional Electrical Apprenticeship and attended the annual Virginia Tech, Electrician Apprenticeship.
- Successfully completed the KITEX Fall Education Program in Electrician Technology.
- Currently enrolled in the Associate program of digital electronics and controls at Virginia Tech.
- Holds Electrical Journeyman Certificate (2016 – 2017).
The above resume provides an example of how to write an electrician resume.
Note that the electrical education and qualifications section is at the end of the resume, following your work experience.
This allows you to expand on your objective, while highlighting all the special skills, education, and additional training that you have received.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).