The Assistant Retail Store Manager position as the title goes is to provide support and assistance to the store manager in the running of the store on a daily basis.
Both the assistant and the manager provide leadership for the store and ensure it meets sales and profitability targets, while also ensuring a harmonious and safe work environment for all staff.
There are usually new openings for assistant retail store managers from time to time. To stand a good chance of course of getting picked, you need to present a good resume.
To help you in writing one for the position, we have provided a sample resume for Assistant Retail Store Manager below that you can work with. It is a good example you can model your resume after to produce something really great.
XYZ Straight Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 77777 • Home: (111) 222-5555, Cell: (222) 222-2222 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: To work as Assistant Retail Store Manager with ABC Stores Inc., applying highly developed planning, customer service, problem-solving, and analytical skills to providing effective support and assistance to the store manager.
PROFILE: Exceptionally talented Assistant Retail Store Manager with five years experience working with store managers, providing assistance in the day-to-day running of a retail store, meeting and exceeding customer experience and store’s sales targets; highly proficient in scheduling employees, maintaining inventories, conducting on the spot inventories, maintaining store outlook, and completing daily documentation.
- Strong customer service experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Strong skills in planning, analyzing issues and solving problems.
- Strong ability to give attention to detail, make the store orderly, and to organize activities, including sales events.
- Strong ability to make presentations, communicate in both writing and speaking, and to provide leadership.
- Efficient with copier and fax, PC, wireless equipment and other office machines and equipment.
- Strong ability to function from multiple locations within the district.
- Proficient with wireless terminology.
- High integrity, with the ability to inspire others to top performance by collaboration and working in a team.
XYZ Inc., hometown, BA
Assistant Retail Store Manager
2008 – Present
- Carry out store initiatives concerning sales, customer service and satisfaction.
- Achieve and surpass sales, revenue, productivity, and service targets.
- Create an environment for work that promotes creativity and motivates employees to give their best.
- Assist staff to increase their interaction with customers by performing role plays frequently.
- Perform weekly staff training as instructed by Store Manager.
- Regularly check Customer Experience Dashboard and act on negative feedback appropriately.
- Quickly act on any billing or service issues and provide solution appropriately.
- Give assistance, inspiration, and motivation to the work force to achieve success.
- Assist employees to grow career wise in the company.
- Collaborate with the Store Manager to monitor and train staff, and score them on customer service and sales technique efficiency.
- Ensure staff adhere to company policies and code of business conduct.
- Enlighten staff on compensation plan and how to make the most of their earnings.
- Send detail on temporary assignments and overtime to floating employees.
- Collaborate with Store Manager to successfully introduce new products and services into the market.
- Perform post lunch inspections and utilize best practices in driving improved results.
- Ensure the training of employees on new products for them to be able to sell them confidently and effectively.
- Support the Store Manager in ensuring that the store has the right staffing need through resource planning, coverage, and scheduling.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree, Business Management, 2008.