The goal of your assistant retail store manager resume or CV is to describe your skills, experience, education, accomplishments, and other qualities that make you a great candidate for the job.
This post shows you how to write a captivating resume for the position of assistant retail store manager, with examples, to brighten your chances of getting hired.
Please, read on:
What Does an Assistant Retail Store Manager Do?
An assistant retail store manager is responsible for supervising the operations of a retail store.
The duties they perform may include:
- Supervise employees in the store
- Make sure inventory levels are adequate
- Ensure customers receive good service
- Maintain cleanliness and safety standards within the store
- Ensure all products are displayed properly.
How to Write a Great Assistant Retail Store Manager Resume
To write a great resume for the position of an assistant retail store manager, you want to focus on what makes you unique. You can do this by highlighting your strengths and accomplishments.
You need to have the following sections in your resume to effectively show that you have what the recruiter/employer wants for the assistant retail store manager position they want to fill:
- Objective Statement
- Core Competence
- Professional Experience
- Education and Professional Qualifications
Now, let’s look at how to complete each of the sections to make a compelling assistant retail store manager resume:
How to Write a Great Objective Statement for Assistant Retail Store Manager Resume
The objective statement is a very important part of your assistant retail store manager resume. It should explain why you’re applying for the job.
Your objective statement should clearly convey the fact that you have what the employer wants for the assistant retail store manager position and will be effective performing the job.
The objective statement of your assistant retail store manager resume should have certain key elements, including:
- State the name of the company you are applying to
- Describe the type of role you’re seeking (i.e. assistant retail store manager)
- Explain why you might be right for the role.
- List any relevant certifications, qualifications, attributes, work experience you have that is relevant to the assistant retail store manager role.
Assistant Retail Store Manager Resume Objective Statement Example
Here is an example of objective statement for an assistant retail store manager position that an employer would find useful:
- Seeking the position of Assistant Store Manager in Citrona Group; bringing strong professional experience in management positions in retail stores. Have worked five years as a cashier, stocker, and assistant store manager and have completed courses in customer service and sales techniques’.
How to Write a Great Core Competence for Assistant Retail Store Manager Resume
The core competence section of your assistant retail store manager resume is a place where you can highlight your most valuable skills.
These are the characteristics or abilities that define who you are as a person. They are also the traits that employers look for when making decisions about candidates.
Include these skills in your resume because they show potential employers what you’ve accomplished in the past. These skills will give them insight into your ability to perform well in the future.
You first list them and then briefly describe each one.
Assistant Retail Store Manager Resume Core Competence Example
Here are examples of what you can put in the core competence section of your resume:
- Customer Service Skills
- Sales Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills.
How to Write a Great Professional Experience for Assistant Retail Store Manager Resume
The professional experience section of your assistant retail store manager resume is a place where recruiters will look to see how long you’ve been working in the field.
This information tells them whether you’re experienced enough to be hired for the position.
To get the best results, include all of your jobs at previous companies. If possible, include the dates you started and ended each job.
To make things organized, only cite the last three jobs on your resume.
If you don’t feel comfortable including every single job, just mention the ones that you think are most relevant to the assistant retail store manager position.
Here are some things to include in the professional experience section of your assistant retail store manager resume:
- List your three most recent jobs (or the last 3).
- Highlight the duties that you effectively carried out in each position.
- Include any awards or recognition you received while working there.
- Describe why you chosen to leave each job.
- Also include special training courses you’ve taken.
- Provide a summary of your responsibilities if applicable.
Assistant Retail Store Manager Resume Professional Experience Example
Here is an example of the Professional Experience section of your assistant retail store manager resume:
Bidas Company, Florida
Assistant Retail Store Manager:
2019 – Present
- Responsible for supervising employees, managing inventory, ensuring proper pricing and product display, and maintaining high standards of quality.
- Provide leadership and direction to other team members by setting goals and objectives, establishing policies and procedures, and providing coaching and feedback.
- Serve as a role model for other employees by demonstrating integrity, honesty, and professionalism.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and customers.
- Ensure compliance with company policy and state and federal laws.
- Perform daily tasks such as ordering supplies, stocking shelves, cleaning restrooms, and preparing food.
How to Write a Great Education and Professional Qualifications for Assistant Retail Store Manager Resume
The Education and Professional Qualifications section of your assistant retail store manager resume is where you list your education background.
You can use this space to describe any certifications or degrees you have earned.
It also gives you the opportunity to show off what makes you stand out from other candidates.
Include any honors, awards, scholarships, or publications that you may be proud of.
Your educational background should be listed chronologically, whereas your professional credentials should be listed reverse chronologically.
Assistant Retail Store Manager Resume Example
We have seen how to write the different sections of the assistant retail store manager resume, now let’s create a sample by putting the various sections together:
Name: John Doe
Address: 123 Main Street, Anytown, USA
Phone Number: 555-555-5555
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking to join Bronxx Inc., as Assistant Retail Store Manager; bringing Strong leadership and organizational skills with proven ability to motivate and lead others. Possess proven track record of success in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to manage all aspects of store operations including inventory control, customer service, staffing, scheduling, payroll, purchasing, and general office duties.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload based upon established deadlines.
- Proactive problem solver who can identify issues early and work collaboratively with management team to develop solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to relate with customers and coworkers.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and is able to effectively communicate ideas and information.
Acani Inc, New Jersey
Assistant Retail Store Manager,
2019 – Present
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the retail store located in Cherry Hill, NJ.
- Manage daily activities such as stocking shelves, cleaning restrooms, restocking merchandise, taking inventory, ordering supplies, maintaining records, etc.
- Work closely with store manager to ensure that each department operates efficiently and effectively.
- Assist in training new employees and assisting current staff members with any problems they may be having.
- Provide feedback on performance and assist in coaching/mentoring new associates.
- Provide feedback on performance, and assist in coaching/mentoring new associates.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing/Management (2016).
- Certificates in Food Safety Management (2017), Supervisory Training (2018).
- Certified Food Safety Manager (2018).
- Completed an online course through the University of Phoenix
- Received the highest score on the Certified Food Safety Manager exam
- Earned the distinction of being named one of the top 10% of graduates at my university
- Published several articles in local newspapers
- Participated in community service projects
- Volunteered at a soup kitchen
- Helped tutor elementary school students
- Served as a board member for Gifted Child (a nonprofit organization)
- Worked as a volunteer firefighter
- Mentored youth baseball players.
The assistant retail store manager position is a competitive one and so you need to write and present a highly compelling resume to stand a better chance with employers/recruiters.
This post has provided valuable ideas and examples to help you quickly learn how to make a great resume for any assistant retail store manager position you are interested in.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).