If you are applying for an industrial electrician job, submitting a great resume or CV to the employer/recruiter can significantly enhance our chances of being invited to an interview and hired.
It is therefore important to learn how to make a powerful resume for an industrial electrician position to stand a better chance of getting the job, and that’s what this post focuses on.
What Does an Industrial Electrician Do?
An industrial electrician is a trade-person that is mainly responsible for the maintenance, repair, and installation of electrical systems.
He or she is also in charge of supervising the operation of electrical equipment and ensures that safe operating procedures are in use.
How to Write a Great Industrial Electrician Resume
You can write a great industrial electrician resume by learning what the employer/recruiter wants for the position and then providing the relevant information in all the sections of the resume.
The important sections to have in your industrial electrician resume should include objective statement, core competence, professional experience, and education and professional qualifications.
These sections should be well written to show to the recruiter/employer that you have what is required to succeed on the industrial electrician position.
Now, let’s see how to make each one of the sections of your industrial electrician resume:
How to Write a Great Objective Statement for Industrial Electrician Resume
The Objective Statement is a key component of your industrial electrician resume that must be carefully written.
This section is the first thing the employer/recruiter will read and it will be their basis for evaluating your resume.
Your industrial electrician resume objective statement should be in clear, concise, and simple terms.
The best way to write an effective objective statement for your industrial electrician resume is by taking note of these:
- Specifying the industrial electrician job title that you are applying for
- Clearly stating why you are the best candidate for the industrial electrician role
- Summarizing your credentials, work experiences, attributes, etc. that make you suitable for the industrial electrician position.
Industrial Electrician Resume Objective Statement Example
Here is an example of an industrial electrician resume objective statement you can learn from:
”An experienced industrial electrician seeks a position with DEFI Inc., to help develop highly effective solutions for the maintenance, repair, and installation of electric power equipment in both a commercial and industrial environments”.
How to Write a Great Core Competence for Industrial Electrician Resume
The core competence section is also very important in your industrial electrician resume.
It should contain a list of your technical skills, abilities, and attributes that will make you successful on the industrial electrician position that you are applying for.
You want to first state what these skills and abilities are before you go ahead to explain them.
You will state how these skills are relevant to the industrial electrician job you are applying for.
Industrial Electrician Resume Core Competence Example
Here is an example of core competency section for industrial electrician resume that you can learn from:
- Skilled in troubleshooting and repairing electrical power systems, transformers, circuit breakers and switch gear etc.
- Familiar with the maintenance, repair, and installation of all electrical equipment.
- Proficient in safe work habits and proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Familiar with collaborating in a team environment.
How to Write a Great Professional Experience for Industrial Electrician Resume
The professional experience section should come after the core competency section.
This is because this section is a little more detailed than the core competency and it will have more information.
You will highlight the previous jobs that you have worked and detail the responsibilities, duties, and experience you had.
You want to mention the last three (3) jobs that you’ve worked that are closely related to the industrial electrician job you are applying for.
If you have experience with other jobs that are not closely related to industrial electrical works, you can mention them at the end of your resume.
When developing your industrial electrician resume’s professional experience section, you need to include the following crucial items:
- Give your most recent positions that are related to that of industrial electrician (it can be 2 or 3)
- Describe the responsibilities you effectively executed in each role.
- Provide any honors or recognitions gained while working there.
- Name any particular training courses you have completed.
Industrial Electrician Resume Professional Experience Example
Here is an example of the professional experience section of an industrial electrician resume:
Greenland Company, Arizona
2019 – Present
- In charge of all electrical equipment installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Complete a variety of electrical tasks within commercial and industrial environments such as wiring, installation, and maintenance of electrical power systems in a number of different facilities.
- Conduct inspection and maintenance on various electrical equipment.
- Train operating staff in safe work habits, safety measures, proper use of PPE etc.
How to Write a Great Education and Professional Qualifications for Industrial Electrician Resume
In order to write a great resume or CV for an n industrial electrician position that will stand you out from the crowd, it is important that you emphasis your education, as well as your professional qualifications.
In this section of your industrial electrician resume, you want to tell the employer that you have been trained in the field.
You want to state what certificates and diplomas you have and give a brief description of every course you have done so far in your industrial electrician career.
Since it is hard to summarize all the courses that you have done, consider writing short statements on key courses that can show your strengths in the industrial electrician job that you are applying for.
Consider listing your educational degrees in reverse chronological order, from highest degree to lowest, and your professional qualifications in reverse chronological order too.
Industrial Electrician Resume Education and Professional Qualifications Section Example
Here is an example of the education and professional qualifications section of an industrial electrician resume:
- A B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from College of Engineering, Louisiana University.
- Certified industrial electrician technician.
Industrial Electrician Resume Example
We have covered the different sections that are important to an industrial electrician resume.
Now, here is a good example of industrial electrician resume to enable you better understand how to write your own:
123 Main Street, Anytown, USA
A goal-oriented professional with strong time management, organizational, and prioritization abilities seeks a career with the MPP Company as an Industrial Electrician; bringing 10 years of electrical expertise, professional understanding of electrical operations, and the ability to undertake sophisticated troubleshooting and response in an industrial setting.
- Able to effectively follow instructions to install, maintain, and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Willingness to learn new skills through hands on experience and training.
- Experience in Customer Service.
- Highly experienced with advanced knowledge of the regular maintenance of electrical systems and their associated components.
- Ability to analyze electrical system problems for quick resolution; evaluate repair methods; communicate repairs to others; and perform commissioning of a new or renovated building facility.
Boax Inc., South Carolina
2020 – Present
- Performs all aspects of electrical installation and maintenance work, from installation of new equipment to troubleshooting electrical systems.
- Provides technical assistance in the implementation of safety practices and procedures.
- Conducts operational, performance, and functional tests on installation equipment to determine that resulting products meet design specifications.
- Operates a variety of hand tools, power tools, and testing instruments to perform maintenance tasks.
Calitt Company, South Carolina
2018 – 2020
- Was responsible for the assembly and installation of electrical equipment, components and systems, including electrical wiring, conduit and cable trays, switch gears and control systems.
- Was responsible for troubleshooting power systems problems.
- Interpreted designs for company compliance with industry standards.
- Maintained good housekeeping in order to complete tasks on schedule.
- Worked in a safe manner at all times that is consistent with Calite Company’s policies and applicable laws, regulations and codes.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, College of Engineering Louisiana University, 2019.
Completed A/P courses in industrial electrical systems, including AC and DC motors operating principles, AC and DC generator theory and operation, pneumatic and hydraulic system components, wiring management practices, work instructions for specific mechanical automated systems.
- Achieved a B.S.F.A. in Electrical engineering from the College of Engineering, State University of New York, 2018.
- Achieved a M.S.F.A. in Electrical Engineering from the College of EngineeringWestern Connecticut State University, 2016
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- American Society of Electricians and Mechanical Engineers (ASEME) member since 2018.
- Professional Electrician Member since 2017.
To write a good resume that can get you the industrial electrician job that you are looking for, it is important to first understand the job and then adapt your resume accordingly.
This post has revealed what you need to include in your industrial electrician to make it really impactful on the recruiter/employer.
It also provides a sample industrial electrician resume you can adapt in quickly making your own.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).