This post provides great examples of college graduate resume objective statements that you can apply in making one for your resume/CV and increase your chances of being invited to an interview and hired for the college graduate job that you are seeking.
The resume objective statement is the introductory paragraph on your resume that gives the reader or hiring manager a strong reason to read the rest of your resume or CV in consideration for an employment.
It implies that a bad or poorly written career objective statement will send you out of the recruitment process even if you actually have what the job requires.
In this article, we will be showing you an effective approach to penning down your career objective for a college graduate position.
How to write a Great Resume Objective for a College Graduate Position
A resume objective statement is effective if it can achieve the goal for which it is written. And that goal is to communicate your strongest and valuable points to the employer to get interviewed for a job position.
At a first glance, what should your strongest point be?
Your unique selling point should be your educational background, GPA, soft skills, personality traits, and work experiences.
However, they may not all be equally important to the employer, but only the most important ones need to appear in your college graduate resume objective statement.
Hence, to write an effective college graduate objective for resume, you need to study the job description to ascertain the right information to present in your objective statement.
After you are sure of what the employer wants, you can then present it as a sales pitch aimed at selling yourself to the employer.
Begin the sentence with powerful words describing your strong traits or educational qualification; state your GPA if you have a strong one and are a fresh graduate; mention the name and position of the company, and show how you intend to add value to the company in that position.
To help you make a great college graduate resume objective, here are some really good samples to study and apply:
20 Best College Graduate Resume Objective Examples you can apply
- Result-oriented Business Management graduate with 3.0 GPA and strong business acumen, seeking the Executive Assistant position in SSM. Bringing excellent communication, interpersonal, data-analysis, social media, and organizing skills to provide admin support duties to senior-level executives.
- Highly analytical Accounting graduate with 3.0 GPA, seeking for an Accountant position in SMC. Highly numerate and meticulously detailed; coming with familiarity with basic accounting records, budgets and account reconciliation, quantitative skill, and the ability to keep sensitive information discrete.
- Marketing graduate with 4.0 GPA, seeking to utilize honed knowledge in marketing to improve sales and customer relations in ABC. Offering solid background in marketing, an outspoken personality, and customer service and telephone skills. Bringing 6 months of retail sales experience and strong knowledge of the local market.
- Goal-oriented and exceptionally organized Marketing graduate with 4.0 GPA and 1 year of sales associate experience, desirous of a Sales Executive position at ABC. Bringing strong consultative selling and excellent communications skills to communicate product benefits to customers and increase sales for the company.
- Problem-solver and first-class communicator with Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and GPA 3.5. Desirous of an Electrical Engineer position in Intertek to assist in interpreting a variety of technical instructions. Coming with technical skills, proficient Microsoft Office skills, and awareness of national codes and standards.
- Resourceful Management graduate with GPA 3.5, interested in a Management Trainee position at MMM Inc. to help drive operational excellence. Coming with a service-oriented mindset, strong interpersonal relations skills, advanced computer skills, and strong customer service internship experience.
More College Graduate Resume Objective Examples [7-12]
- Outgoing and solution-focused behavior technician with Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and specialized training in Child Development. Interested in an ABA Therapist position in SSM to utilize knowledge of ABA techniques and hands-on experience with autistic children in the execution of behavior intervention plans.
- Highly analytical and imaginative Finance graduate with 3.5 GPA, seeking for a Finance Associate position in ABC where solid finance background, knowledge of financial systems, and financial and planning skills will be utilized. Coming with strong communication skills, good eyes for details, and advanced-level Excel skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated Finance graduate with a passion for bringing positive change in people’s lives, interested in a Finance position at National Debt Relief. Bringing excellent interpersonal and communication skills to advocate for clients and help them gain financial freedom.
- Interested in the Information Technology Ford College Graduate (FCG) Program to utilize honed knowledge in Information Systems. Coming with a Bachelor’s degree, GPA 3.0 on a 4.0, and 1 year of IT Specialist experience.
- Exceptionally creative engineer with strong interpersonal and networking skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in a team-oriented environment. Seeking a Design Engineering position to utilize knowledge of engineering fundamentals and the ability to utilize design software in creating new solutions.
- Highly skilled and motivated Chemical Engineer seeking a Chemist position in GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Coming with 2 years of experience working in a Post Semiconductor Advanced Packaging area using multiple key tool and processes. Also offering great communication skills, attention to details, and the ability to develop and execute work plans.
More College Graduate Resume Objective Examples [13-17]
- Analytical and detail-oriented individual with Bachelor’s in Computer Science, seeking to join Analog Devices. Offering proficient knowledge of GAAP requirements, Anaplan, business intelligence software, MS Excel, and SAP expertise. Also coming with outstanding communication and prioritization skills, and the ability to work independently
- Problem solver with exceptional interpersonal and conflict resolution skills, seeking to join Nissan in a Sales position. Bringing excellent communication, presentation, and networking abilities, advanced UC skills, and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- Business graduate with a problem-solving aptitude and comfort engaging with strangers, interested in the position of a Customer Service/Lease Customer Network Representative in ABC to utilize 2 years of call center experience. Bringing adept networking and telephone skills to manage inbound and outbound calls from a variety of customer groups.
- Meticulously detailed individual with exceptional analytical and quantitative skills and background in Accounting, interested in the position of an Account Services Representative in ABC to support with account related tasks.
- Team player with Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years of software development experience, seeking to join Expanse as a Software Engineer. Offering a working knowledge of systems development, algorithms, data structures, networks, and databases.
More College Graduate Resume Objective Examples [18-20]
- Problem solver with strong analytical and collaborative skills and a Bachelor’s degree in Economics. Desirous of joining The Finance New Graduate Leadership Program in Microsoft, to utilize strong natural interest in financial services. Coming with great business acumen, superior communicator skills, knowledge of Trend & Variance Analysis, and advanced computer skills.
- Electrical Engineer with hands-on expertise in Hardware Architecture Design, Digital ASIC Design, Design Verification, Physical Design. Interested in a Hardware Engineering position in Qualcomm Technologies. Coming with great collaborative and communication skills and openness to learning new technologies.
- Outstanding communicator with a friendly and positive attitude, desirous of a Front Office Manager position at ABC. Bringing the ability to operate standard office equipment, telephone skills, great PC skills, sound business acumen, and Bachelor’s degree in Business Management.
To write an effective college graduate resume objective statement, you must bear in mind that you are writing to sell your strongest point to the recruiter.
Always use strong adjectives to describe your personality traits, present information that is valuable to the employer as seen in the job description, and show how you are fit for the position you are applying for.
Feel free to follow the examples we have provided as a guide in creating an effective career objective statement for your college graduate resume.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).