This post provides great examples of Board of Directors resume objective statements that you can apply in learning how to make one for your resume/CV and boost your chances of being called up for an interview and appointed member of the board of directors of the company you are interested in.
If you are interested in joining the Board of an organization, then you will be required to submit your information in a resume or CV for consideration.
To make a resume for membership into the Board of Directors of a company or organization, that captivates the reader to read all sections of it, you need to start it with a powerful objective statement
Directors can work in a variety of industries, including not-for-profit organizations.
Regardless of the kind of organization they work for, they are required to have extensive knowledge of their subject matter.
They are also required to provide leadership, direction, and executive oversight.
Writing a great career objective statement for your resume or CV is a sure way to providing a wholesome brief of your capabilities such that someone reviewing your resume can at glance have a fair knowledge of your competence without having to read the entire resume.
However, writing a resume objective statement for a Board of Directors position may be a daunting task for some.
How to Make a Great Resume Objective for a Board of Directors Position
The audience you are writing for is a major factor to consider when writing a Board of Directors resume, so to write a great objective statement, you must fix your mind on the audience by identifying what is essential to them in choosing a Board member.
Some of the primary skills they may seek include; communication skills, strategic planning skills, leadership skills, fundraising skills, financial skills, collaborative skills, public relations skills, etc. but the desired and preferred skill set remains organization-specific.
Also, to write a captivating Board of Directors objective for resume, it should be written in a way that provides a peep into the body of the resume or CV and provide insight to the most relevant portions of your resume.
Your achievements are also important information that should not be left out in your objective because it helps to sell your expertise.
Lastly, you must also write your resume objective statement to portray your most preferred skills and assert that you are the most ideal candidate to meet the needs of the organization as a member of the Board of Directors.
Now, here are some good examples of objective statements for Board of Directors positions you can learn from and apply in your resume or CV:
Best 20 Examples of Board of Directors Resume Objective Statements you can use
- Result-oriented administrator with a Master’s degree in Educational Administration and 15 years of experience. Developed 3 schools from scratch and supported the development of age-appropriate school curriculum. Interested in the Board member position in Lighthouse academy to provide strategic and operational oversight. Bringing an exceptional communication, collaborative and first-class fund raising skills.
- Goal-focused individual with a history of supporting early childhood schools with age appropriate developmental resources, seeking to make a difference in the life of young children as a member of the Board of Directors in Light Schools. Bringing solid background in Childhood Development, 10 years of experience, public-relations skills, and superb leadership and financial planning skills.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated accountant with strong interest in supporting seniors, seeking a Board of Directors position with Lead. Offering 10 years of visionary leadership and executive oversight to support leads mission. And also bringing solid financial acumen, superior planning and financial skills, and community relations expertise.
- Seasoned behavioral Technician with 12+ years of professional experience helping autistic children and their families. Interested in joining LEAD with Horses as a Board member. Coming with broad knowledge of ABA techniques, operational oversight, and exceptional advocacy skills to support the mission of LEAD with Horses.
- Tech savvy and seasoned board member with MBA and technology industry expertise with a history of award winning performance as a visionary leader for fronting profitable growth as high as 30% annually. Seeking to join ABC as a member of the Board of Directors to propel its business growth and expansion.
More Examples of Board of Directors Resume Objective Statements you can use [6-10]
- Experienced director with strategic planning and superior administrative skills, seeking to utilize 10 years of experience providing executive-level administrative support to ABC Company as a member of the Board of Directors in AAASC. Bringing proven record of 50% growth in revenue. Coming with a Master’s degree, superior leadership skills, and exceptional media skills.
- Highly analytical and forward-thinking CEO with 15 years of progressive experience propelling the growth of ABC Company. Interested in the Board member position at ASC LLc to provide strategy and direction for the company. Coming with exceptional strategic planning and communication skills, MBA, and a record of business 30% growth annually.
- Experienced Board member with 10 years history in the automobile industry. Consistently recorded 35% annual growth in profit and served as a strong change agent. Interested in the Board of Directors position at AASC, to take more territories. Bringing visionary leadership and strategic oversight, MSc in Marketing, and exceptional public and media relations skills.
- Exceptionally organized individual with proven leadership skills and strategic planning skills. Successfully managed change in ABC and built productive connections among diverse groups of employees. Interested in a Board of Directors position in ADCS, bringing 10 years of experience, exceptional facilitation and conflict resolution expertise, and excellent judgment.
- Experienced Board member with excellent communication and public speaking skills. Successfully raised project funds for ABC Company expansion project, has 10 years of experience as business manager and MBA. Bringing exceptional strategic planning, proven managerial expertise, and fund raising skills to support AASC as a Board of Directors member.
More Examples of Board of Directors Resume Objective Statements you can use [11-16]
- Management professional with 12 years of experience propelling business growth, achieved 40% annual increase in profits and expanded the business to 4 new territories in 1 year. Seeking to support ADC as a Board member, coming with visionary leadership and management expertise, fund development and financial management, and MBF degree.
- CFA with exceptional financial planning and fund management skills, problem-solving aptitude, credibility, and MBA. Interested in the Board of Directors position in ABC; coming with proven track record of success developing business from ground up. Also offering exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and an outgoing personality.
- First-rate public speaker and HR professional with exceptional prioritization and strategic planning skills. Possess excellent people management skills, strong leadership skills, and an outgoing personality. Interested in bringing 10 years of professional experience to support ABC as a Board member. Also coming with an MBA and fund raising expertise.
- Resourceful marketing professional with 10 years history of leading expansion effort, media strategies, and boosting business growth. Seeking a Board of Directors position in ACLU. Coming with excellent leadership and teamwork skills, strategic planning and project management skills, and MBA.
- Outgoing and straightforward business professional with 12+ years of managerial experience, a strong problem-solving aptitude, strong collaborative skills, and executive-level administrative skills. Interested in the Board member position at ACLU to support its operations. Coming with a Master’s degree and excellent communication skills.
- Business professional with 10 years history, specialized in helping small businesses with structure, management, planning, and strategy to grow and double customer base. Interested in the Board of Directors position in ACLU; bringing sound business acumen, MBA, superior verbal and written communication skills, and public speaking expertise.
More Examples of Board of Directors Resume Objective Statements you can use [17-20]
- Experienced CEO, visionary leader with operational insight, and 10+ years of experience providing operational excellence in ABC Hospital. Interested in the Board of Directors position in ASCL. Coming with MBA, hospital administration experience, and excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills to grow the hospital’s revenue to meet budgetary goals and objectives.
- Articulate marketer with Master’s degree in Marketing Management and 10 years of professional marketing director experience. Seeks the Board of Directors position in ACLU to help project its business. Bringing excellent public speaking and advocacy skills, fund raising expertise, strategic thinking, and a problem-solving attitude.
- Board member with a facilitative and collaborative leadership style and a solid history of raising funds from multiple sources, seeking a Board of Directors role in ACLU. Bringing strategic planning skills, superb organizational and interpersonal skills, 10 years of experience in non-profit management, and strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Resourceful administrator with 10 years of solid history in a hi-tech company and passionate about supporting seniors, interested in a Board member position to utilize my exceptional planning, financial management, and fundraising skills to support ABC. Coming with up-to-date knowledge of policies and trends in the eldercare industry.
When writing your resume for a Board of Directors position, it is important to write an objective section that is well targeted to the needs of the organization.
Present information of your experience, essential skills relevant to the position, and any record of achievement.
These are the vital information that the recruiter will be looking forward to seeing to decide your suitability for the Board of Directors position.
The ideas and examples given in this post will help you to write a compelling career objective for a Board of Directors role.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).