If you are writing a resume or CV for a server position, the objective statement is a vital part of the resume that should be carefully created.
As the first statement that the employer will read when they come to your resume, the career objective statement gives you the opportunity to gain their attention and win them over to believe that you are the right person for the server job.
How to Make a Server Resume Objective that Immediately Gets the Employer’s Attention
To make an effective objective for the server resume is to know what the employer is looking for in the right person for the position.
When you know this fact, you can then structure your objective statement in such a way that the recruiter will be convinced that you have what is required to succeed on the job.
Most employers (if not all) commonly give a set of requirements in the job description that they publish for the available server position for interested applicants to meet before they can qualify to send in their applications.
Those requirements are the facts you need to make a catchy objective statement.
If you are sure that you have the required skills, experience, knowledge, etc. that the employer highlights in the job description, you can then express the major ones in your objective statement.
That will definitely catch the employer’s attention to see that you actually possess the qualities and/or experience they are looking for, and that will increase the chance that your resume will be read and your application approved for interview invitation.
To improve your ability to write a winning objective for your server resume, here are some examples you can study:
Top 10 Server Resume Objective Samples to Guide You
1. Seeking to work as a Food and Sport Server with XYZ Restaurant. Bringing two years experience serving in a high volume environment; exceptional ability to anticipate the need of guests, high level of attention-to-detail, organization, and a deep sense of urgency, to helping the company create the desired premier fan experience for guests.
2. A hard-working individual with current OLCC/WA liquor and food handlers license; strong ability to work with numbers and correctly handle cash; and excellent communication and customer service skills, desires to work as a Server at XYZ Inc.
3. Self-motivated individual with passion for excellence in whatever she does, together with a deep sense of respect for people seeks the job of Server at XYZ Hotels and Resorts where she will also apply exceptional ability in processing credit card transactions and cash accurately, and two years food service experience working in a luxury bar.
4. Desiring the position of Pool & Cabana Restaurant Server at XYX Hotel. Coming with three years experience working in a food and beverage company; profound knowledge of various methods of preparing mixed drinks, spirits, and wines; and strong ability to communicate clearly, in providing exceptional service according to company standards.
5. An energetic hospitality professional with strong knowledge of food and beverage desires the role of Restaurant Server at XYZ Inc. where strong passion for hospitality, a good sense of humor, and proven ability to work under pressure will be applied in creating exceptional experience for restaurant guests.
6. To obtain the job of a Server Buffet at XYZ Casino where excellent customer service skills and ability to establish and maintain a clean dinning room will be utilized in ensuring quick, courteous, and efficient serving of beverages to buffet guests.
7. A gifted catering professional with two years previous banquet and catering service working experience seeks to join the team at XYZ Resort as a Catering Server to provide exemplary service to guests through all forms of banquet service and events.
8. Looking to work as a Bar and Lounge Server at XYZ Hotel and Spa. Bringing strong knowledge of food and preparation; ability to motivate self and others; and to acquire a good knowledge of wine quickly in providing polite, precise, fast, and professional service to company guests.
9. A self-motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic individual with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume, guest-centric, and team-oriented environment seeks employment with XYZ Inc. as a Server. Coming with exceptional knowledge of various foods, beverages, and ingredients to deliver Authentic Western Hospitality to company’s esteemed guests.
10. An individual with passion for food, wine, spirits, and hospitality seeks the job of Server at XYZ Hotels where the ability to make espresso drinks, work in a team environment, and multitask effectively will be maximally utilized in creating an awesome dinning experience to hotel guests.
Writing a great resume or CV for the job of a server begins from creating a catching objective statement; a statement that shows the employer you have what is required to succeed on the job.
Now, you can write such objectives and increase the power of your server resume by applying the various resume objective samples shown in this post.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).