If you are writing a resume or CV for a volunteer position, it will be wise to make its objective statement really compelling.
Your career objective can make a huge impact on the success of the resume in getting you the much desired interview.
It is therefore important to learn how to make a great resume objective for a volunteer job to get the employer’s interest in your offer and compel him/her to read the body of the resume.
A resume objective is a summary of your qualities, abilities, experience, skills, etc. that spells out why you are well suited for the volunteering position that you are applying for. It also states why you seek the job.
So, what makes a good resume objective?
How to Write an Effective Resume Objective for a Volunteer Position
To write a compelling career objective for a resume to be used in seeking a volunteer position, you need to learn about the job, including what it entails and the requirements to meet to be considered by the recruiters for hiring.
You need to study the job description and job requirements that the recruiter published carefully. Both pieces of information help you know what the employer wants and who qualifies to do the job.
With this information, you can then make a customized short statement that presents you as the right candidate for the job, which highlights your strengths and the skill set, abilities, experience required by the employer to help you become a top performer on the job.
To help you learn quickly how to make great objective statements for volunteer positions, here are good sample resume objectives to study:
Best 20 Volunteer Resume Objective Examples you can Apply Right Now
1. Individual with passion and love for children. Hopeful for a Hospital Volunteer position at Affect to work directly with pediatric patients in child life centers while learning about medical practices and patient care.
2. Exceptionally talented individual with people skills. Seeking the position of Community Volunteer in a non-profit organization to utilize deep passion for people, skills, and experience.
3. Energetic individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills and BA in Social works. Interested in the position of Community Education Outreach Volunteer to assist in training booth volunteers and young mothers at ABC Help.
4. Accomplished nurse with 10+ years of experience in working with medically challenged people interested in a Red Cross Volunteer position to assist those in need through extensive experience in the medical background.
5. Detail-oriented individual with strong multi-tasking skills and Bachelor’s degree desires the role of Volunteer Accountant to gain experience while aiding a reputable organization. Bringing honed skills in accounting, bookkeeping, and strong computing skills.
6. Energetic and exceptionally creative individual with love for children. Looking to work in the position of Storyspook Village Volunteer to sharpen and develop strong decorating skills while assisting with decor set-up as required.
7. Problem solver with technical skills and a positive attitude. Looking to develop new set of useful skills while contributing to ABC Company’s goals as a Volunteer Maintenance Worker. Coming with sound knowledge of electrical systems and HVAC installation and repairs.
8. Individual with organizational and multi-tasking skills interested in a Volunteer Administrative position, to apply outstanding skills in business administration in a real life business setting
9. Looking to make a difference as a Volunteer Daycare Aide at XYZ Org by contributing 10+ years of extensive teaching experience to providing clear and consistent direction to young children.
10. Strong critical thinker with excellent communication skills and Bachelor’s degree in Management. Looking to apply exceptional skills in merchandising as a Volunteer Assistant Retail Associate to contribute to company goals, as well as develop existing skills and knowledge.
11. Energetic individual with passion for security and sound knowledge of public safety, looking to protect lives and property as a Volunteer Security Patrol Officer at XYZ Safety.
12. Enthusiastic and caring individual with love for teaching young children and Certification in Early Childhood Education. Committed to helping young children mature emotionally and educationally in the position of Volunteer Pre-school Teacher at ABC Young Org.
13. Exceptionally creative individual with eye for details. Hopeful for the position of a Volunteer Events Decorator in a fast growing organization, to assist in planning and creating memorable events for clients, as well as develop existing skills and knowledge in events management.
14. Bringing insights and expertise in performing clerical duties; strong keyboarding skills and a service orientation, to ensure smooth office operations as a Volunteer Administrative Assistant at XYZ Help Org.
15. Passionate and experienced healthcare professional interested in the Volunteer Medical Practitioner position at ABC Wellness, to apply extensive experience in dental care to improve patients’ experiences and outcomes.
16. Self motivated accounting graduate hopeful for a Volunteer position at XYZ, to apply sound knowledge of bookkeeping, budgeting, filing, and advanced computer skills in a fast-paced organization with value for hard work.
17. Exceptionally organized individual with AAS degree and ability to work in an environment with repetitive tasks. Interested in utilizing sound knowledge of filing and drafting legal documents as a Volunteer Legal Assistant.
18. Exceptionally creative individual with clear and concise writing skills looking to utilize outstanding content developing and writing skills, proof reading skills, and expert knowledge of PR software (Cision) as a Volunteer Public Relations Worker at ABC Help, while working with other PR executives to acquire new set of skills.
19. Self-motivated and passionate individual looking to utilize people skills and organizational abilities in fund raising and events planning to improve donations to Education First-Austin as a Volunteer-Local Team Member. Coming with exceptional skills in social works and IT.
20. CPR and First Aid Certified Childcare expert with strong interpersonal relations skill and excellent customer service skills. Looking to provide age appropriate education to young children as a Volunteer Daycare Toddler Instructor in a challenging and fast paced organization.
To improve your chances of being hired for a volunteer job that you are seeking, you must ensure to submit a good resume or CV, which begins with a highly compelling objective statement.
You can learn to write such resume objectives by applying the ideas contained in this post, including the sample objectives designed for various volunteering positions.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).