A graduate school resume objective is not exactly the same as the usual resume objectives for a job application.
A resume objective for a graduate school is a statement from a candidate, in this case a student, looking to study in a particular graduate school.
Your resume objective helps you make a good case why you want to study the specific discipline you are applying for.
Having a captivating graduate school objective statement in your resume can help you quickly get the admission officer or committee’s interest in your resume to find your application suitable for approval.
How to Make a Great Resume Objective for Graduate School Admission
Your career objective statement is an opportunity to make a connection of your interests and goals with your choice of the university and program.
The objective statement of your resume helps the admissions committee to learn about you and what you want; you should be descriptive by using action oriented words.
It is a good idea to include the name of the graduate school and the program you are going for in your objective statement.
You can also highlight qualities and experiences that you have that are relevant to the course of study you are applying for.
Here are some examples to help you bring this home:
Best 20 Graduate School Resume Objective Examples you can Apply
- Honors undergraduate student in anthropology with strong interest in Southwest Native American pottery hopeful to obtain admission into Howard University’s Master’s program in Anthropology with specialization on Southwest ceramics.
- Individual with strong interest to hone his/her administrative skills seeks admission into the ABC University’s Master’s Program in Business Administration.
- Desirous to advance my career as an Administrator, seeks admittance to the MBA program at HULT University to further improve my skills and foster smooth office operations.
- Energetic and self motivated Sales Associate with strong sale acumen, hopeful to obtain admission in ABC University’s Sales Management Program to sharpen my selling skills and contribute to bottom line.
- Seeking to be admitted into ABC University’s Marketing Management Program to enhance my sales acumen and advance my career as a Sales Representative.
- Enthusiastic and motivated professional with strong drive to contribute to bottom line and 5 years sales representative experience, seeks admission to ABC University’s Master’s program in Marketing, with concentration in Consumer Behavior.
- Individual with passion for building young minds seeks admittance into ABC University’s Graduate program in Early Childhood Education.
- Self dependent and highly organized individual with Bachelor’s degree with honors in Computer Science seeks admission into ABC University’s Master’s program in Computer Science to advance technical expertise.
- Experienced Cyber Security professional with Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology looking to obtain admission into ABC University’s Graduate Program in Information Technology to advance my career.
- Individual with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities with Bachelor’s degree in Biology seeks admission into ABC University’s Master’s Program in Criminal Justice to advance my career as a Crime Scene Technician.
- Freelance real estate agent with strong analytical, quantitative, and critical thinking skills, and Bachelor’s degree in Finance. To obtain admission into the Graduate program of ABC University with concentration in Real Estate Management.
- Highly creative individual with Bachelor’s degree seeks admission into Dominican University of California Master’s Program in Creative Writing.
- Experienced individual with people skills seeks admission into the Human Resources and Industrial Relations Graduate Program at Carlson School of Management, University Of Minnesota.
- Experienced Payroll Officer with analytical mindset seeks admission into the Randy School of Management’s Master of Finance Program with concentration in Financial Engineering.
- Strong communicator with critical reasoning and analytical skills, and Bachelor’s degree in Business Management. Desires admission into Baruch College Master’s program in Marketing with specialization in Digital Marketing.
- Honors undergraduate student with passion for sports and interested in working in international sports. Seeks admission into Sunny Cortland’s Master’s program in International Sports Management.
- Honors undergraduate interested in the Jefferson Master of Architecture Program to acquire solid knowledge for professional architectural practice through the development of sustainable design and technology skills; acquisition of project management knowledge and collaborative experiences in an interdisciplinary setting.
- Highly analytical individual with quantitative skills and Bachelor’s in Business. Seeking for admission at Case Western Reserve University’s Master’s of Science in Management Program – Operations Research and Supply Chain Management to advance my career in Operations Management.
- Exceptionally creative designer with passion for fashion and interest in acquiring solid business acumen. Seeking admission into the Rutgers Business School Master’s of Science in Business of Fashion program.
- Experienced entrepreneur with interest in international business seeks admission into HULT’s Master’s of International Business Program to acquire a global perspective of finance, marketing, operations, economics, and strategy.
Graduate school resume objective is not too different from the resume objective that is written by job applicants. Only that in this case, it is written by students looking to apply for graduate school.
In your resume objective you make a case why you want to take the program you are applying for, as well as why choosing the school.
This article has several examples of graduate school resume objectives that you can apply in writing your own. You can go ahead to edit any one of your choice to suit the need of your resume.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).