If you are a high school graduate searching for job, you will be able to increase your chances of getting one if the objective statement of your resume or CV is compelling enough to get the recruiter to read your resume.
When you are able to get an employer to read your resume, then you are sure that they would get what you are offering; and if your offering is good enough you will get a favorable response from the employer.
To stand a good chance of your high school graduate resume succeeding in getting you an interview, It is important that you work on the objective statement since it is the first thing the recruiter sees.
This post will help you to learn how to create an effective resume objective when you need to make a resume for a high school graduate position.
The Secret of Making a Compelling Objective for a High School Graduate Resume
If you want your objective statement to quickly catch the attention of the employer, you must make sure it contains what the hirer wants to see.
And what does the employer want to see?
Employers usually have a list of requirements they would want applicants for the job they are advertising, including jobs for high school graduates, to have before they are considered for an interview.
This list of requirements is commonly published with the job description that informs applicants on what the role is about.
Therefore, to make a career objective statement that immediately makes a great impression on the prospective employer when they start reading your resume, you will need to study the list of requirements for the position; to first be sure that you meet the requirements.
If you do have what is required for the job, you can then craft your objective to communicate the fact that you have what is needed to succeed on the job.
You can do this by highlighting a few of the most important parts of the requirements in your objective. This will significantly improve the impact it will have on the employer.
Now, let’s see some examples of high school graduate resume objective statements that you can study or copy in writing your own:
10 Sample Objective Statements for a High School Graduate Resume
1. A hard-working high school graduate seeks the job of Maintenance Assistance at Burger King. Bringing strong physical fitness to remain standing for long hours at a time, carry and lift up to 45 pounds of items, and to bend, stoop, kneel and reach frequently; strong ability to apply basic tools and read and communicate effectively in carrying out the function of keeping both the inside and outside of the store clean.
2. A talented high school graduate with exceptional ability to crawl into tight confined spaces through 11” X 15” openings, climb several stories of stairs and vertical ladders, and to perform stretching, twisting motions, and bending desires to work as a Loss Control Inspector at XYZ Insurance Company, to help in carrying out risk assessment and regulatory inspections on equipment that have been insured.
3. A self-motivated high school graduate with five months experience in data entry seeks the job of Data Entry Clerk at XYZ Inc. Coming with experience working with PC and common software, including MS Word, Outlook, and Excel; exceptional attention to detail and ability to key data into various warehouses, to ensure complete, accurate, and accomplished entries in a timely manner.
4. A high school graduate and Certified Nursing Assistant with previous experience working as a nursing assistant seeks to be hired as a Patient Care Technician at XYZ Medical Center to contribute in providing top quality direct patient care. Possess strong positive attitude towards people and ability to apply basic math skills in reading, writing and recording data; profound ability to prioritize tasks and strong attention to detail.
5. A gifted high school graduate with previous working experience with children in a psychiatric-mental health setting seeks to join the team at XYZ Health Center where strong communication skills and ability to successfully complete crisis intervention and CPR trainings within 3 months of employment with be maximally utilized in assisting nurses to effectively monitor and observe both physical condition and behavior of patients.
6. A detail-oriented and organized high school graduate looking for the job of Shipping Clerk Team Lead at XYZ Inc. Bringing strong PC skills, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, as well as handle multiple tasks effectively simultaneously to providing quality assistance in coordinating workflow, equipment, and resources to enhance order fulfilment functions.
7. Desires the role of Phlebotomist at XYZ Healthcare Center to provide outstanding service to both inpatients and outpatients: drawing arterial, micro, and venous blood specimens and transporting test requests and specimens to the laboratory and retrieving completed test results to patient locations. Bringing exceptional skills in performing arterial punctures and venipuncture, ability to carry out basic arithmetic calculations and to read and follow written instructions.
8. A talented high school graduate with good computer experience seeks to work as Admitting Clerk-Rehab at XYZ Medical Center; to apply strong customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of personalities in providing top notch guest and public relations service, and in scheduling patients to the rehab location.
9. A self-motivated high school graduate with two years customer service and healthcare experience desires the job of Info Desk-Customer Relations at XYZ Inc. Coming with strong knowledge of computers, ability to work effectively independently and with other personnel; and exceptional memorization skills, to proving outstanding assistance to both internal and external customers.
10. A high school graduate with two years kitchen experience desires to work as BOH Supervisor at XYZ Catering Services to provide knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly service that surpasses customers’ expectation. Possess strong ability to work under minimal supervision, communicate satisfactorily in verbal and written forms, perform basic mathematical calculations, and maintain total knowledge of all prices, special items, quality standards, and menus.
You can improve your chances of getting your desired job as a high school graduate by starting your resume or CV with a well crafted and compelling objective statement.
You can learn to write such resume objectives by studying the examples provided in this post. You are also free to use any of the given samples in your resume (with necessary modification) that very well describe your skills, abilities, knowledge, and/or experience.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).