Having an objective statement in your teacher resume sets the tone of your resume and immediately captures the reader’s attention.
The objective statement is the first section of your resume that should be carefully crafted not only to state that you are vying for the teaching job, but more importantly to convey important value you will be bringing to the school if hired.
How to Write a Great Teacher Resume Objective Statement
Before writing your objective, you should do a little research to find out the most pressing needs of the employer for a teacher.
What do they want to achieve by hiring a teacher?
If you know these needs, which you can find in the job description published for the position, then you can highlight the relevant skills or qualities that you have that will enable you to provide the needed solution to the school in the objective section of your resume.
When employers read such objective statements, they will definitely be interested to read your resume further because your objective statement speaks directly to them with solution to their needs.
Top 22 Teacher Resume Objective Examples
To see what such objective statements look like, here are 22 examples of teacher resume objectives, which you can use as a template in writing yours:
1. Seeking the job of a 7/8 Grade English Language Arts Teacher in a challenging environment where my exceptional ability to implement the curriculum scope and sequence required by the district and adopted by the school governing board will be fully utilized.
2. Looking to join the team at Skyrock Higfh School as a Classroom Teacher, bringing English Bilingual skills and exceptional ability to help students master the skills and content required to graduate from high school with good grades.
3. Highly effective student-centered educator seeking the job of an Elementary Classroom Teacher, bringing strong knowledge and experience of technology integration skills, current best practices, inclusion, and differentiation.
4. Seeking to join the energetic team of professional educators at Rolyday as Early Care Classroom Substitute Teacher; coming with several exceptional abilities, including ability to deliver early childhood and child development principles and practices effectively.
5. Applying for the job of Elementary Classroom Teacher at eBright Schools, Inc where exceptional ability to implement approved curriculum and assist students to succeed and grow in interpersonal and academic skills will be fully applied.
6. Seeking the position of Elementary Math and Science Teacher in an academically rigorous school where my ability and experience at motivating students to attain their highest potential and also building them for a successful career in a global market place will be fully applied.
7. Desiring the job of an Elementary School Teacher in SoundLearning Schools where strong experience in applying inquiring method in teaching, with huge success in all content areas, as well as great STEM and basic background will be useful.
8. Looking to work as an Elementary Teacher (Grade 1) in a school of high diversity and inclusion; bringing 7 years experience working with elementary level students from various backgrounds and cultures.
9. Seeking the job of First Grade Teacher at StudyRight Academy; bringing enormous experience at providing the right environment for learning for all students to achieve both academic and social success.
10. Applying for the role of Grade 5 and 6 Teacher in an all inclusive school, where a highly energetic and innovative teacher with the ability to work with current educational technology tools, as well as sound experience instructing multi-age students from different backgrounds is needed.
11. Desiring the position of Lead Teacher – Elementary at XYZ Academy, bringing exceptional ability to educate and motivate, as well as to develop character and academic skills in students.
12. Seeking the role of Part – Time Special Education Teacher at ABC LearningGround where my seven years experience in instructing, developing, and motivating students with special learning needs will be highly beneficial to helping students achieve top academic performance.
13. Looking to work as Special Education Teacher, bringing high degree of personal accountability for student development and top academic results, in addition to excellent classroom management skills for effective teaching of students requiring special education.
14. To obtain the position of Permanent Substitute Teacher in a high paced academic institution. Offers exceptional ability to implement oral and written instructions, create effective working relationships with students and colleagues, and ensure school classroom management strategies are maintained.
15. Highly experienced Pre-K teacher seeking to work in that role with XYZ Schools. Bringing exceptional instructional skills to significantly improve student growth and development; vision, and the ability to effectively assess students’ performance.
16. A committed and professional teacher seeking the job of Lead Pre-Kindergarten Teacher with a nationally accredited early learning institution. Comes with the ability to effectively stimulate students’ intellectual, emotional, and social growth by creating appropriate educational activities and programs for the assigned class.
17. A highly motivated individual with exceptional interpersonal skills seeking the job of Second Grade Teacher with XYZ Schools. Coming with strong ability to integrate technology with classroom learning, in addition to enviable classroom management skills.
18. To work as a Substitute Teacher at ChrystalX Schools, bringing enormous ability to manage the learning environment of students, instruct, motivate, and build them for success in the absence of the classroom teacher.
19. Highly committed and energetic professional teacher with strong knowledge and practical experience of child care and development seeks to work as a teacher at MAIDEN Schools to provide top quality, personalized lessons to students.
20. To join the team at BESTLESSONS Academy as Elementary Classroom Teacher where five years experience creating structured and exciting learning environment and achievement-oriented mindset in students from diverse backgrounds will be fully utilized.
21. Seeking to work as 1st Grade Teacher at MaryGuide Schools, bringing outstanding knowledge and experience of the application of Expeditionary Learning methods, also known as Project-Based Learning in developing students’ intellectual, physical, emotional, and social wellbeing.
22. Seeking the opportunity to join the team at XYZ Academy as a Preschool Teacher, utilizing three years experience and exceptional interpersonal and computer skills in creating individualized learning experience for each child.
Your objective statement may decide whether the school you are applying to reads your resume or not, therefore, it must capture their attention right at this point.
For your objective statement to be effective, it must show that as a teacher you have the skills, knowledge, or experience to fit into the mission, vision, or goals of the school.
Using the above sample teacher objective statements in making yours, you are sure of having a stronger resume, which increases your chances of nailing the teaching job.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).