The career objective statement of your nursing resume or CV needs to be highly compelling to get the recruiter/employer interested in reading every part of it.
To stand a better chance of being invited to an interview and offered the nursing job that you are seeking, it is important that the recruiter/employer reads your resume to learn how you will be effective as a nurse in their organization.
If you are interested in learning how to make a compelling career objective for your nursing resume, you will definitely find this post useful.
How to Make a Great Career Objective for Nursing Resume
To make an excellent career objective statement for a nursing resume or CV, you need to know what exactly the employer/recruiter is expecting the successful candidate to have to be employed.
You need to study both the job description and requirements published by the employer/recruiter to guide candidates in applying for the vacant nursing position.
From the job description, you will know the kind of duties and responsibilities the successful candidates will be expected to perform if hired for the nursing job.
And from the job requirements also published, you will learn the qualities, skills, experience, etc. that candidates need to have to be hired as a nurse in the organization and to succeed on the job.
Having the above knowledge about the nursing position, you will be able to assess you qualification for the job and to write a career objective that will get the attention of the recruiter/employer.
Your nurse career objective statement should show that you know what the job entails and have the capability to succeed in it.
It should also highlight your major skills, qualities, experience, etc. that meets what the recruiter/employer requires for the nursing job.
By writing the career objective statement of your nurse resume this way, the recruiter/employer will more likely be interested in reading it because it projects you as a perfect fit for the nursing job.
Now, here are some good examples of nurse career objectives you can use in making your resume or CV:
20 Best Career Objective Examples for Nursing Resume
- Extremely organized individual interested in securing a Director of Nursing position with Theracare INCLa to provide nursing care and service to patients, and supervise the staff assigned to deliver patient care. Also bringing 3 years of nursing experience and ability to plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate nursing services that will meet the needs of residents, and that will comply with company policy.
- Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute enough project management and facility faculty experience in the Associate Dean For College of Nursing job at Walden University. Coming with a Master’s degree in Nursing, an active RN license, 5 years of experience with leadership in an academic program, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Searching for the job of a Nursing and Health Services Supervisor at Bucks County Intermediate Unit where previous experience with medically fragile children between the ages of 3 to 21 in hospital and educational settings will be utilized. Also coming with a Master’s degree in Nursing, Instructor Certification in CPR and First Aid, and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experienced individual seeking a Director of Nursing position with Sutter Health to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate the clinical operations of the facility. Coming with a Master’s degree in Nursing, a valid current state license, and current ACLS certification. Also coming with demonstrated skills in written and verbal communications and advanced computer skills.
- Specialized Practical Nursing Education Supervisor with 5 years of clinical Registered Nursing (RN) experience. Longing for a Nursing Supervisor position with Porter and Chester Institute to utilize three years of management experience and basic proficiency in Microsoft Office. Also coming with a Master’s degree in Nursing and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
More Career Objective Examples for Nursing Resume [6-10]
6. Passionate individual hopeful for a Director of Nursing position with JAG to collaborate with human resources and other team members to select and provide coaching for direct reports. Also comes with a Master’s degree in Nursing, an RN license, 5 years of progressive management experience in a hospital environment, and great leadership, creative, and communication skills.
7. Talented individual seeking to work with ArchCare as a Clinical Educator to demonstrate an awareness of the mission statement by respecting the dignity of every human person. Coming with a Registered Nurse State of New York and BLS Instructor Certification, 3 years of RN clinical experience, and 2 years of teaching experience.
8. Hopeful to gain employment with CyberCoders as an Assistant Dean in a School of Nursing to collaborate closely with the Senior Associate Dean and the rest of the Leadership Team and make, plan, implement, and evaluate policies of the School’s activities. Also bringing a Ph.D. in Nursing, RN Clinical experience, and high education experience.
9. To obtain a position with Sentara Healthcare as a Director of Nursing Excellence to lead change efforts in collaboration with nurse leaders and staff to create and implement innovative systems and processes, and staff engagement to maintain nursing excellence. Coming with an RN Master’s degree and 5 years of nursing leadership. Also bringing current organizational experience in the Magnet designation process and the Professional Nursing Practice Model and principles for nursing excellence.
10. Highly skilled individual with previous nursing experience seeks a Director of Nursing Education System position with Wellstar Health System. Coming with a Master’s degree in Nursing and a current State of Georgia Registered Nurse License, and the ability to assess, plan, develop, implement, facilitate, evaluate, and revise educational programming for all levels of nursing personnel.
More Career Objective Examples for Nursing Resume [11-15]
11. Hopeful to gain employment with the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire for the role of Pediatrics Nursing to conduct research through the university student-faculty collaborative research grants program. Also coming with a Ph.D. in Nursing, teaching experience in both undergraduate and graduate programs, and clinical practice experience.
12. Well organized individual with 5 years of direct care clinical experience seeks employment with Penn State Health as a Nursing Professional Development Specialist, to promote relevant professional development for members of the department of nursing. Also bringing a Master’s degree, previous teaching experience, and experience in ambulatory practice.
13. Team-oriented individual willing to work at Texas Women’s University in a Nursing position with 5 years of teaching experience in the nursing faculty. Looking to utilize profound ability to teach content in innovative undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Also coming with strong ability to work independently and in a team, and profound problem-solving skills.
14. Energetic individual with 5 years of nursing experience at leadership level seeks a Director of Nursing position with Homeward Bound Inc. to supervise all nursing case management services delivered by Homeward Bound (HBI). Also coming with a 4-year Registered Nurse License by the state of Minnesota and excellent leadership and communication skills.
15. To obtain a position with LadyWell Health Center as a Nursing Home Administrator, to leverage the ability to plan, coordinate, and supervise premiere healthcare delivery. Also bringing a Master’s degree in Health Administration (MHA), and strong leadership skills to handle the daily challenges of running a healthcare delivery system.
More Career Objective Examples for Nursing Resume [16-20]
16. Passionate individual seeking a Nursing Professional Development Specialist job at Holy Cross Health, to develop and teach orientation. Also bringing a Master’s degree, 5 years of clinical experience, ACLS Instructor Status, and teaching experience, and national certification in clinical specialty.
17. Safety conscious individual with 5 years of healthcare and supervisory experience desires a Nursing Manager position with Mass General Brigham to bring the best practices in patient care, safety measures, and surgical outcomes. Also coming with a Master’s degree in Healthcare Administration and strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal, management, and demonstrated customer service skills.
18. Individual with 3 years of experience interested in the Nursing Home Administrator position with Crossview Care Center. To utilize three years of nursing home administration experience in planning, developing, directing, monitoring, and supporting all operational, administrative, human resources, customer service, and fiscal activities for the facility’s programs and services.
19. Team-oriented individual eager to work at Vanderbilt University Medical Center as a Chief Nursing Officer, offers the ability to create an organizational culture that provides a safe, satisfying, and enriching environment for employees. Also coming with strong ability to establish and articulate a philosophy of nursing consistent with the educational, research, and patient care missions of the Center.
20. Seeking a nursing position with Johns Hopkins Medicine as a Nursing Scheduling Coordinator where 3+ years of experience in an office environment with responsibility for prioritizing and planning work will be utilized. Also coming with a High School diploma and completion of an AA degree with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Your chances of being hired for the nursing position that you are seeking are higher if you start your resume or CV with a powerful career objective statement.
This post provides good examples of career objectives that you can apply in writing your nursing resume or CV and increase your chances of being invited for an interview and hired for the nursing job.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).