If you are looking to land a part-time job as a high school student, you will be able to attract the attention of many employers by making and submitting a compelling resume or CV, which starts with a powerful objective statement.
Starting your high school student resume with a good objective will make the resume attractive to the recruiter right from when they start reading it and this will increase the possibility that they will read every part of it, which again improves your chances of being selected for an interview.
How to Make an Irresistible Objective for High School Student Resume
To write an irresistible objective statement for high school student resume or CV requires knowing what the employer holds important for the position.
When you know this, then you can use your objective to declare that you possess them for the employer to give you a chance to prove it at an interview.
Most jobs for high school students are part-time or seasonal and do not usually require experience.
However, you may need to have certain soft skills and abilities, such as the ability to learn fast, to be effective on most jobs for high school students.
You will find employers’ requirements for a given job position in the published job description.
Now, let’s see some examples of resume objective statements for high school student jobs that you can study and apply in creating your resume:
12 Samples of Objective Statements for High School Student Resume
1. A caring, patient, creative, empathetic, diligent, and hard working individual seeking the job of Camp Wise Babysitter with XYZ Inc. Coming with high energy and strong ability to communicate with children in providing effective supervision and care to children in camp who are not old enough to participate in organization’s camp activities.
2. An energetic, fast-learner, friendly, and hard-working high school student seeks to work with XYZ Union as a part-time Barista. Bringing exceptional ability to take and follow instructions to the letter, in addition to strong ability to lift heavy items and work while standing for extended period of time in effectively carrying out the responsibility of serving food and beverages to guests according to company service procedures and standards.
3. A high school student with pleasant personality and focus on guest satisfaction seeks the job of Busser at XYZ Burger Company where strong ability to work in a team environment and to go the extra mile in ensuring that tables are set promptly for the next party will be maximally put to use.
4. Bringing exceptional ability to use computer systems and phone in working as Call Center Representative at XYZ Resources. To apply excellent written and oral communication and listening and comprehension skills, as well as strong ability to remain objective and focused in spite of distractions, in providing outstanding support to company’s customers on phone, email, and on the social media.
5. An energetic, fun, and enthusiastic high school student desires the position of Day Camp Counsellor at XYZ Services. Coming with strong creativity, patience, and ability to communicate effectively with campers, parents, and other organization’s staff.
6. To obtain the job of Retail Car Wash Hourly Team Member at MountainT Inc. Bringing strong problem solving and interpersonal skills, and the ability to get things done quickly in providing accurate, pleasant, and efficient shopping assistance and check-out service that exceeds customer expectations and needs.
7. A talented high school student with strong ability to memorize weekly ad specials and product identification codes seeks to work at XYZ Stores as a Cashier; also brings good maths skills, sense of urgency, and accuracy, and the ability to apply computerized cash registry systems in providing friendly, accurate, and fast check out services to company customers.
8. A strong and energetic high school student with the ability to stand and walk for hours, and to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds, desires the job of Catering Server at XYZ Inc.; to assist in setting up, implementing, and cleaning-up functions following company culinary and hospitality standards.
9. A high school student with an eye for detail, love for food, a positive attitude to life, highly energetic, and a strong ability to learn fast seeks the job of a Dishwasher in a top-notch scratch kitchen where there is need to keep things bright and shinning.
10. A self-motivated, honest, and energetic dog lover desires the role of a Dog Handler at XYX LoveCare Inc. Bringing strong problem solving skills; the ability to stand for up to eight hours on a stretch, lift more than 40 pounds of items, and to remain calm in chaotic situations, to helping local families provide fantastic care to their dogs.
11. To work as a Fast Food Crew Member at XYZ QuickyFoods Inc. where excellent communication and personal skills, in addition to a pleasant attitude and manner will be utilized in serving guests with uttermost courteousness and efficiency.
12. A high school student with strong ability to handle cash, fuel multiple vehicles under pressure, and read and interpret documents, including procedure and operating manual, safety rules, and maintenance instructions seeks the job of Gas Station Attendant at XYZ Corporation, to ensure passengers’ vehicles are fuelled efficiently with dispensing propane, gasoline, and diesel as desired by customers.
If you are a high school student looking to land a part-time job that brings you extra income and helps you build some skills that may become important to your career in future, you need to present a compelling resume to prospective employers to improve your chances of being picked for the job.
Writing an effective resume starts with creating a great objective statement that shows the employer that you’ve got what is required for the job.
This post provides a collection of sample objective statements that you can study and use in creating a high school student resume.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).