When writing a resume or CV for a medical office assistant job, you need to present all its sections in a way that tells the recruiter/employer that you are the right candidate for the position.
This post focuses in helping you to make a compelling medical office assistant resume to stand a better chance of being hired for the job.
It provides ideas and examples in making the sections of the medical office assistant resume, as well as an example of a full resume so you can understand how to make one for your medical office assistant job application.
Please, read on:
Who is a Medical Office Assistant?
A Medical office assistant is a person who works in a medical setting, such as an emergency room or doctor’s office.
This position requires the ability to work well with patients, doctors, nurses, other staff members, and equipment. In this guide, we will explore the Medical office assistant resume example and how to write it.
How to Write a Great Medical Office Assistant Resume
To write a great medical office assistant resume or CV means you have to ensure it meets the recruiter/employer’s requirements and assure them that you will be effective as a medical office assistant in their company.
You have to study the vacant medical office assistant job’s description and requirements to understand what the recruiter/employer actually wants for the position.
With the knowledge of the medical office assistant that the recruiter/employer wants, you can then make all sections of your resume to show that you meet the requirements.
Now, let’s see how the different parts of the medical office assistant can be effectively written:
How to Write a Great Objective Statement for your Medical Office Assistant Resume
The objective statement of your resume should include the medical office assistant job title you are applying for along with the employer’s name.
It should also state what you can do to help the company succeed or what special qualities you are bringing to the company.
Additionally, you need to mention why you want the job. You may want to highlight any skills, experience, etc. that make you qualified for the medical office assistant job.
Here are examples of good medical office assistant resume objectives:
- Committed Medical Office Assistant focusing on community health promotion through preventative and educational research. With 8 years of academic and health-related expertise experience, she has demonstrated success in areas such as health education, program creation and assessment, epidemiology, health inequalities, and community-based organizations. Prepared to apply the indicated competencies to the appropriate health field.
- Seeking a Medical Office Assistant to be a valued partner to XYZ Health’s clinic physicians and employees. Coming to help with administrative activities and paperwork, as well as staying up to speed on all elements of the clinic’s operations.
Learn more on how to write great medical office assistant resume objectives.
How to Write a Great Core Competence for your Medical Office Assistant Resume
Your core competence should demonstrate that you have the skills needed for the job.
For instance, if you want to be a medical office assistant, then your core competency should show that you know how to take patient histories, processing insurance claims and performing basic bookkeeping & accounting processes.
Your core competency should also show that you have knowledge about the latest treatments available for different diseases.
Examples of core competence statements for a medical office assistant resume:
- Capability to properly interact with patients and coworkers.
- Experience working in healthcare settings.
- Knowledgeable about the latest trends in medicine.
- Strong ability in carrying out office opening and closing procedures.
- Exceptional ability in processing insurance claims.
How to Write a Great Professional Experience for a Medical Office Assistant Resume
Your professional experience should include positions where you were responsible for completing tasks related to the medical office assistant job that you are seeking.
For instance, if your goal is to be a medical office assistant, then your professional experience should include jobs that involved managing budgets, hiring new employees, and organizing conferences.
Here is an example of a professional experience section for a medical office assistant resume:
ABC Company, Illinois
Medical office assistant
- Responsible for ensuring quality service delivery by providing support to the organization’s clinical services team and its executive management.
- Coordinates daily activities of a group of nursing assistants, including scheduling, staffing, training, and evaluating their performance.
- Maintains accurate records of staff members’ work hours and attendance.
- Prepares weekly reports and monthly financial statements.
- Manages the budget for a large home care agency.
- Works as a receptionist at RayCliff dental clinic.
- Organizes conference calls for a nonprofit organization.
How to Write a Great Education and Professional Qualifications for a Medical Office Assistant Resume
This is an opportunity to highlight your relevant education and professional experience to show that you are well qualified for the medical office assistant position that you are applying for.
You can use this space to describe courses taken, certifications earned or licenses obtained.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (2008)
- Certified Health Information Management Specialist (CHIMS) – Certified Healthcare Informatics Manager (CHIM) (2014)
- Certified Clinical Administrative Services Provider (CCASP) – Certified Clinical Administrative Support Professional (CCASP) (2015)
Medical Office Assistant Resume Example
A well-written resume is one of the most important tools when applying for a medical office assistant job.
It shows employers what you can do and what makes you qualified for the medical office assistant position.
Here is a sample of a medical office assistant resume that highlights every element of the various sections mentioned above:
Name: John Doe
Address: 123 Main St., LA, California
Phone Number: 555-555-5555
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thoughtful and dedicated team player with an unwavering desire to give great care and treatment to customers looking to leverage outstanding medical office assistant training into career advancement chances in the healthcare profession by seeking the Medical Office Assistant position with LifeHealth Inc. A natural leader capable of motivating coworkers to produce high-quality results. Completes tasks on schedule and consistently surpasses productivity requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining focus on deadlines and meeting expectations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong computer skills, including the ability to work with Microsoft Office applications.
- Appointment Scheduling and Confirmation for Patients.
HealthMac Inc, CA
Medical Office Assistant
2019 – Present
- Responsible for assisting physician’s office with appointment scheduling and confirmation for patients.
- Ensures all appointments were confirmed within 24 hours of scheduled time.
- Maintains patient files and updated information accordingly.
- Handles phone inquiries and complaints regarding missed appointments.
- Completes daily reports documenting number of new and follow up visits.
2018 – 2019
Assistant to Director of Nursing at Bax Clinic
Responsibilities included answering phones, scheduling appointments, completing paperwork, and assisting with resident needs.
2017 – 2018
- Assisted with administrative duties
- Assisted physicians with scheduling, billing, and insurance verification.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- University of Phoenix, BA, 2008
- GPA: 3.5/4.0
- Department: Business Administration
- Coursework focused on marketing, management, accounting, human resources, business law, finance, and more.
- Certified Health Information Manager (CHIM), 2014
- Certified Clinical Administrative Service Provider (CCASP), 2015.
- Member American Association of Healthcare Providers
- Member National Academy of CMA
- Member Society of Medical Assistants
- Member Medical Staff of the University of Arizona.
To stand a better chance of getting the medical office assistant job that you are interested in, you need to present a highly compelling resume or CV; a resume that clearly communicates your skills, experience, and qualifications that you are the right person for the medical office assistant position.
This post has provided ideas and examples that you can apply in creating a great medical office assistant resume for your next job hunting.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).