This post helps you learn how to make an effective business systems analyst resume that portrays you as the right candidate for your job.
To increase your chances of getting an interview with the recruiter/employer for a business systems analyst job, your resume or CV must be highly compelling.
What Does a Business Systems Analyst Do?
A business systems analyst is a professional who has the expertise in designing, developing, and implementing information technology (IT) solutions for companies.
This position requires an individual with strong analytical skills, excellent communication skills, ability to work independently, as well as a team player.
How to Write a Great Business Systems Analyst Resume
To write a great resume or CV for a business systems analyst position, you need to make the various sections in line with what the recruiter/employer wants for the job.
That is, each section must communicate the fact that you have what is required to be successful as a business systems analyst with the recruiting company.
And that means, you have to first learn about the business systems analyst job and what the recruiter/employer wants from the published job description and requirements.
Now, let’s see how to create each section of the business systems analyst resume that makes it irresistible to the recruiter/employer:
How to Write Objective Statement for Business Systems Analyst Resume
The objective statement of your business systems analyst resume should be written from the perspective of the hiring manager or recruiter.
It’s important that you include a clear and concise summary of what you can offer the company.
Your objective statement should clearly describe why the business systems analyst job is right for you.
Ensure that your resume highlights your qualities that are relevant to the business systems analyst role you are applying for.
Your objective statement should also contain specific keywords that match the business systems analyst job description.
If you don’t use these words, recruiters may not find your resume when they search online.
To help you create a great business systems analyst resume, we have included some sample objectives below:
- Passionate and innovative professional seeking a senior-level Business Systems Analyst position with Saxx Company, leveraging remarkable talents and expertise in performing client business analysis, grasping system concepts, and increasing overall IT capabilities.
- Interested in the Business Systems Analyst position at De Royale, coming with a Master’s degree and four years of experience in the telecoms business to use to help the firm reach its goals.
- Applying for an entry-level Business Systems Analyst position with Northman General Inc; hoping to obtain more experience and expertise in the banking business, as well as to contribute to the workforce while advancing professionally.
How to Write Core Competence for Business Systems Analyst Resume
If you’re looking for a job in the field of business systems analyst, you need to highlight your core competence in your resume or CV.
These are the skills and abilities that you possess which make you stand out among other candidates.
Core competence are very important aspects of a business systems analyst resume because they give potential employers a quick idea about your skills and qualifications.
They can also help recruiters decide if you’re a good fit for their organizations.
Here are some examples of core competence that you might want to consider including in your business systems analyst resume:
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Teamwork Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Technical Skills
How to Write Professional Experience for Business System Analyst Resume
This section of your resume should provide details about your previous experiences.
Make sure that you include every project and task that you performed during your employment.
You should also mention the type of projects that you worked on and the responsibilities that you had.
For each project, you should list the name of the employer, the date, and the location.
You can also add a brief description of the tasks that you completed.
This way, your resume will look organized and easy to read.
Some examples of business systems analyst professional experience include:
XYZ Company, Texas
Business System Analyst
2019 – Present
- Responsible for analyzing existing processes and developing new ones.
- Works closely with the company’s management team to develop a plan to streamline the company’s operations.
- Assists the company’s CEO in creating a strategic plan for the future growth of the company.
- Works on various projects related to the implementation of the company’ s CRM software.
- Responsibilities include data gathering, testing, training, and support.
- Works on several projects related to the development of the company’s ERP software.
How to Write Education and Professional Qualifications for Business System Analyst Resume
In this section of your business system analyst resume, you should include information regarding your educational background and professional qualifications.
You should explain what courses or programs you took so that prospective employers know what kind of knowledge and skills you have.
For example, you can include your degree, course work, certifications, awards, etc.
If possible, you should also include relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Cisco Networking Academy (CNA) or CompTIA A+ certification.
Business System Analyst Resume Example
Your resume or CV is an important element of your professional life as a business system analyst.
It helps you get noticed by hiring managers and recruiters.
Your resume is often one of the first things that they see when reviewing applications.
Therefore, it’s very important that your business system analyst resume is well-written and contains all of the necessary elements.
Here is a sample resume for a business system analyst position by putting together the various sections discussed above:
Name: John Doe
Address: 123 Main St., Anytown, USA
Phone Number: +1 888 555 1212
Email Address: email@example.com
Seeking a Business Systems Analyst role at Bolte Company, Highly experienced and dependable employee with a strong track record of customer satisfaction; Skilled at interdepartmental collaboration and passionately strive to maximize functionality and efficiency.
- Leadership – Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills which enable me to effectively lead teams through challenging situations.
- Problem Solving – Able to identify problems and find solutions to them.
- Analytical Thinking – Can use logic and reason to analyze complex issues and make decisions.
- Ability to multi-task – Able to complete multiple assignments simultaneously without losing focus.
DEF Company, California
Business Systems Analyst
2018 – 2019
- Provided technical assistance to business partners and customers using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, Visio, Project, and other Office products.
- Created reports, dashboards, workflow diagrams, and presentations.
- Analyzed and resolved user requests and complaints.
- Managed project timelines and budgets.
- Served as the primary contact point for internal and external clients.
- Supported the sales department by providing technical guidance and answering questions.
- Maintained close relationships with key stakeholders.
GHI Company, New York
Business Systems Analyst
2015 – 2018
- Developed and maintained database tables in SQL Server 2012. Performed data analysis and reporting tasks using SSRS and Power BI.
- Developed custom forms and web pages using ASP.NET Web Forms.
- Developed business processes and procedures related to the management of accounts receivable and payable.
- Updated policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company regulations.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science from University of Maryland
- Holds a Johns Hopkins University Information Technology Certificate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSEx)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- 2017 – Current
- Major: Business Systems Analyst
- Minor: Accounting
- GPA: 3.5/4.0.
- National Association of Professional Accountants
- International Institute of Management Consultants
Continuing Education Courses:
- Excel Training Course
- Database Administration Course
- Programming Course
- Reporting Course
- Windows 10 Course
- PowerShell Course.
To write an effective resume or CV for a business system analyst job, you need to put in some time and effort.
You need to know who the recruiter/employer wants for the business system analyst position and then make your resume from that background.
This post has provided valuable ideas and examples that you can apply to create the sections and the whole resume, and increase your chances of being hired for the business system analyst job.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).