When writing a resume or CV, the quality of your objective summary matters a lot to determining if the recruiter/employer will read your resume or not.
It is therefore important to start off your resume/CV with a powerful objective summary that the recruiter/employer cannot resist reading and getting into the body of the resume to read all that you are offering.
It has been shown that the recruiter/employer will be more likely to invite you to an interview if they actually read your resume/CV, which also increases your chances of being hired for the job.
This post helps you to learn how you can write an effective objective summary for your resume to brighten your chances of getting the job that you desire.
How to Make a Great Objective Summary for Your Resume
You can create a highly compelling objective summary for your resume or CV by learning about the job on offer and discovering what the recruiter/employer wants the right candidate to have.
You will get this information from the job description and requirements published by the recruiter/employer to help prospective employees learn about what the job entails and what is required to get it.
From the job description, you will get to know the duties and responsibilities that characterize the role, which you will be expected to carry out effectively if you are hired.
By studying the job requirements also, you will learn of the qualities, skills, experience, etc. that you are expected to have to be considered for hiring for the job and to be effective in carrying out your responsibilities if employed.
Having learnt about the job that you are applying for and knowing what is required to be successful in it, you can then go ahead to make an objective summary for your resume that shows that you meet the demands of the job and are capable of succeeding in it.
You objective summary should present some of your best qualities, experience, knowledge, etc. that will enable you to be effective on the job and that also match what the recruiter/employer emphasized in their job requirements.
Now, here are good examples of objective summaries for various job positions that you can learn from or copy in creating one for your resume/CV:
20 Best Objective Summary Examples for Resume
- Seeking a Land Surveyor position with Harrison Consulting Solutions where 10 years of experience with boundary and topographic surveying will be applied. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree, strong knowledge of PLSS terminology and procedures, and proficiency in Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and ArcGIS.
- Extremely organized individual interested in securing a Response Officer position with Titan Security Group to perform security and doorperson duties for Titan. Also bringing a General Education Degree (GED), 5 years of satisfactory employment as an Unarmed Security Officer, valid PERC, and the ability to effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems, and CCTV systems.
- Individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute five years of experience in the Chemistry Professor position at Tacoma Community College. Coming with a Master’s degree in Chemistry and experience teaching chemistry to pre-allied health students. Also bringing a strong academic background in Chemistry, teaching experience in community colleges, and experience integrating technology into teaching and learning.
- Seeking the job of a Recreational Therapist at Cleveland Clinic where experience with geriatrics and the ability to work in a stressful environment and take the appropriate action will be utilized. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy, critical thinking skills with good decision-making ability, and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Experienced individual seeking a Clinical Psychologist position with TOPDOX looks to utilize experience in providing psychological consultation within an intelligence community setting. Also bringing a Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology through an American Psychological Association (APA) accredited program, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
More Objective Summary Examples for Resume [6-10]
6. Certified individual with 5 years of experience in nonprofit fund development and professional outside sales longs for a Fund Development Manager position with Habitat for Humanity International, to manage a huge collection of principal supporters and prospects and work closely with VP of Fund Development and CEO on key fundraising initiatives and events. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree and a valid driver’s license.
7. Talented individual seeking to work with B. Braun Medical Inc. (US) as an Ambulatory Care Specialist with 4 years of related experience. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree, regular and predictable attendance, frequent business travel ability, a valid driver’s license, a passport, and basic knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in a professional field.
8. Seeking the job of an Illustrator at SANS where 5 years of demonstrated experience in developing graphics for print and digital media will be utilized. Bringing a Bachelor’s degree, self-motivational and time-management skills, and knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite. Also coming with experience developing graphics for use in training, motion graphics, video production, web design, and other interactive media.
9. Experienced individual seeking a Digital Archivist position with Bio + Company looks to offer 5 years of experience in Archives. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree in Archival Sciences, experience with newspaper digitization projects, and experience with collection management and institutional repository applications.
10. Certified individual with 7 years of experience creating AAA quality character assets for games longs for an Artist position with Hi-Rez Studios, to create high-resolution 3D sculpts of organic and hard surface, characters, creatures, weapons, and props in a realistic art style. Also coming with 5 years of experience with industry-standard applications, and the ability to adapt to multiple art styles.
More Objective Summary Examples for Resume [11-15]
11. Talented individual seeking to work with the State of Nebraska as a Revenue Agent with 2 years of experience with tax return preparation. Also coming with an Associate’s degree in Business; and knowledge of processes and procedures for tax collection; mathematics and accounting; business operations and practices; resources available for researching tax laws, rules and regulations; and Excel, Word, Oracle, and Outlook.
12. Hopeful to gain employment with WETA as An Audio Technician to perform audio technician duties for field productions. Coming with 5 years of audio technician experience and familiarity with the technology used in live broadcast production. Also bringing the ability to perform the audio console operator duties, and function under pressure, distractions, and in a time-sensitive environment.
13. To obtain a position with Pilot Company as a Cashier to provide guests with fast, friendly, and clean service, and maintain inventory, and operate cash registers. Also coming with exceptional guest service skills, strong ability to use equipment such as telephones and computers, and to complete sales transactions correctly.
14. Highly skilled individual with experience in crisis prevention and de-escalation seeks employment with Resources for Human Development as a Resource Coordinator, to complete all state-mandated paperwork. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services field as well as knowledge of homelessness, addictions, residential facilities, and mental illnesses and their treatment.
15. Hopeful to gain employment with Northwest Exterminating as a Wildlife Technician to reflect the Northwest Way and build strong relationships with internal and external customers to create customers for life. Also coming with on-the-training experience for pest and wildlife control, excellent time management skills, a positive mindset, and the ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
More Objective Summary Examples for Resume [16-20]
16. Passionate individual hopeful for an Operating Engineer position with CHI, to perform preventative maintenance on boilers and related equipment, and monitor, maintain, and make minor repairs to mechanical devices in operation. Also coming with 2 years of vocational and technical training and work experience.
17. Seeking an Account Executive position with Google where 8 years of experience in advertising sales will be applied. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree, experience with managing display campaigns via a Demand-Side Platform (DSP), media sales experience in the digital ad tech industry, and the ability to work cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering, account management, and the product management teams.
18. Extremely organized individual interested in securing an Art Therapist position with Newport Healthcare to assess milieu needs and adjust therapeutic interventions based on the needs of the resident and the core target group. Also bringing 3 years of experience working with individuals and groups with young adults, and experience in trauma-informed treatment.
19. An individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute five years of experience in the Entertainment Usher job at Herschend Family Entertainment. Also coming with profound work experience in the theatre and performance industry, excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to maintain a good working relationship with coworkers.
20. Passionate individual hopeful for a Property Manager position with The University of Texas at Austin, to supervise government property for Air force ROTC. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree, three years of experience working with the U.S. military personnel and supervisory experience, and experience in a store environment.
A good objective summary starting your resume or CV can make a big difference to whether you get called up to an interview or not.
So, it is important to your job hunting to learn how to make effective objective summaries for your resume/CV.
This post provides great ideas and examples you can apply to make a highly impressive objective summary for your resume.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).