20 Best Objective Statement Ideas for Resume
This post provides valuable ideas you can apply in making objective statements for your resume or CV and stand a better chance of being invited to an interview and hired for the position you are seeking.
Starting your resume or CV with a powerful objective statement is important to having the recruiter/employer read it to learn how effective you would be on the job.
How to Make an Impressive Objective Statement for Your Resume or CV
You can make an impressive objective for your resume or CV by first studying the job description and requirements to learn about what the recruiter/employer wants for the position.
From the job description, you will get to understand the duties and responsibilities of the job that the successful candidate will perform.
And from the job requirements, you will learn the qualities, skills, experience, etc. of the person the recruiter/employer desires to hire for the position they want to fill.
When you have learnt about the vacant job that you are applying for and know what the recruiter/employer is looking for, then you can create an impressive objective statement for your resume/CV.
Your objective statement should assure the recruiter/employer that you have what they want for the position by highlighting qualities, skills, experience, etc. that you are bringing to the job, which are also what the recruiter/employer wants.
Now, let’s see some examples of objective statements for resume, to give you an idea of what an objective should be to be effective in getting the recruiter/employer to read your resume/CV and grant you an interview:
20 Best Objective Statement Ideas for Resume
- Seeking a General Surgeon position with the US Navy where medical knowledge and 5 years of experience working as a general surgeon will be applied. Also coming with the ability to deliver the most advanced medical care to the U.S. national heroes and their families, and conduct, supervise and participate in graduate medical education and training.
- Extremely organized individual interested in securing a Firefighter position with the City Of Salina to respond to fire alarms and other emergency calls to protect life and property by combating, extinguishing, and preventing fires. Also bringing a High School diploma, National Registry certification, current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT), a driver’s license, and the ability to give basic life support care to sick or injured persons.
- An individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute enough experience in the Magistrate Judge position at Government Jobs. Coming with a Juris Doctor Degree and 7 years of experience as a practicing courtroom attorney. Also bringing the knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal statutes and of the criminal justice system and laws, and the ability to preside over court proceedings.
- Passionate individual hopeful for a Mechanic position with Energy Transfer, to inspect, maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and operate compressor station or pump station equipment, plant facilities, and pipeline facilities. Also coming with a High School diploma, proficiency with computers including MS Office applications such as Excel and Outlook, and mechanical aptitude.
- Seeking a Baker position with Nothing Bundt Cakes where a strong sense of pride handling the position and good organizational skills will be applied. Also coming with the ability to bake all sizes and flavors offered by NBC according to NBC’s standards and time guidelines and maintain the required par levels.
- Extremely organized individual interested in securing a Translator position with Committee of 100 to translate Annual Conference materials. Also bringing 5 years of experience as an interpreter in English to Chinese Translation work and the ability to type 40 words per minute (40 wpm).
- An individual with strong reasoning ability looking to utilize 1 year of secretarial experience and good typing speed in the Secretary job at Northside Hospital. Coming with a High School diploma, prior healthcare experience, and successful completion of course in Medical Terminology. Also bringing good communication skills and proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Seeking the job of an Account Director at Trank Inc. where 10 years of experience in marketing communications and advertising agency experience will be utilized. Also coming with experience leading cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment with confidence and self-assurance to develop client staff plans, statements of work, and compensation agreements.
- Experienced individual seeking a Media Specialist position with Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America looks to offer 5 years of experience in establishing contacts and solid working relationships with national and local media. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree, experience as a reporter and in presenting on TV, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to think entrepreneurially and creatively.
- Certified individual with previous retail experience and strong customer service skills longs for an Optician position with National Vision Inc., to perform insertion and removal training of contact lenses to customers, as permitted by the state law. Also coming with effective interpersonal skills, multitasking and time-management skills, and the ability to learn optical knowledge and give clear instructions to customers.
- Talented individual seeking to work with Natural Wellness Clinics LLC as a Doctor of Osteopathy with a DO license in the State of Kentucky and a completed internship. Also bringing a Doctorate degree in Osteopathic Medicine, valid malpractice insurance, and the ability to establish a caring relationship with patients as well as providing behavioral and counseling advice to them and their caregivers or family.
- Seeking the job of a Python Developer at Astronomer where 5 years of python experience and experience using Apache Airflow will be utilized. Also coming with strong verbal and written communication skills, an entrepreneurial character, and experience with infrastructure and cloud automation technologies.
- Experienced individual seeking a Butcher position with Eataly looks to offer 3 years of experience working with meat, in a high-volume retail environment. Also bringing a High School diploma and the ability to accurately follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively with coworkers, management, and guests.
- Certified individual with 2 years of experience in product design longs for a Designer position with Warner Bros. Entertainment, to interpret current trends and translate them into good product design. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree, a strong work ethic, teamwork and problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate and present vision and ideas.
- Talented individual seeking to work with Northwestern University as a Magazine Writer with 5 years of writing, production, photo, and video production experience. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, proven interviewing skills, and experience crafting compelling and accessible written and video narratives from complex subject matter.
- Hopeful to gain employment with The University of Texas at Austin as a Lecturer to teach undergraduate organized courses and assist with course preparation and design, and student mentorship. Also coming with a Ph.D., previous university teaching experience, and the ability to contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in higher education all through the teaching, researching, and service periods.
- To obtain a position with Agtegra Cooperative as a Pilot to perform all duties and responsibilities of Pilot in Command (PIC). Also coming with an FAA Commercial Single Engine Land Rating, a 2nd class medical, and FAA Part 137 Skill and Knowledge Endorsement.
- Highly skilled individual with 3 years of transportation purchasing experience seeks employment with Albertsons Companies as a Traffic Analyst, to communicate with buyers, vendors, and warehouse personnel on order changes and problems. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, and proven customer service skills.
- Hopeful to gain employment with Pfizer as a Scientist to design and execute formulation studies to support formulation and process development for new adjuvant candidates. Also coming with a Master’s degree in Biochemistry, 5 years of relevant formulation experience, and the ability to develop robust and scalable processes for adjuvant and vaccine formulations.
- Passionate individual hopeful for a Travel Coordinator position with Destinee Travel, to book hotel reservations for clients in their desired locations. Also coming with the capability of booking air and ground transportations for clients, as well as researching and locating the best pricing and options for clients based on their needs.
To increase your chances of having your resume or CV read by the recruiter/employer, you need to write a compelling objective statement to start off your resume.
You can find proven ideas and examples to help you learn how to make highly impactful objective statements for your resume from this page.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).