If you are writing a resume or cv for the position of a counselor, the objective statement is an important part of the resume that must be given adequate attention.
A well crafted career objective can boost your chances of getting the employer’s attention immediately they start reading the resume, and drawing them into reading the whole of the document.
Simply put, the quality of your counselor objective can help improve the chances of your resume succeeding in getting you an interview.
This post will show you how to make a winning objective statement for your counselor resume and therefore increase your chances of getting the job.
How to Make Great Counselor Resume Objective Statement
To make a compelling objective statement for your counselor resume, you need to first find out what is important to the employer, that is, what are the employer’s requirements for the position?
You will discover these from the job description that is published for the role.
After reading the job description, you can then present your best skills, competence, and/or experience that match what the employer requires for the counselor job in your resume objective statement.
The examples below will guide you in creating effective counselor objective statement for your resume or cv:
1. Forward-thinking professional with patience and tolerance to work with clients in their distress. Currently looking to meet the psychological needs of clients in a counselor capacity.
2. Dedicated professional with 6 years of experience in counseling a particular group of people to achieving their life goals. Hoping to obtain a counselor position to help bring out the best in individuals and clients through dedicated services.
3. Seeking to secure a counselor position in a fast paced organization to help clients achieve their goals through a dedication and belief that all clients will be able to make positive changes.
4. Proficient individual with the willingness to work with all kinds of people, especially children in an academic environment. Seeking for counselor position at Dora High School to help students work through academic challenges.
5. Result-oriented professional with over 6 years of experience providing relevant information or resources to clients’ needs. Looking to obtain a counselor position with a dynamic facility to meet the needs of clients.
6. To secure a counselor position with a dynamic facility. Bringing 7 years of counseling experience to help clients towards a deeper understanding of their concerns.
7. Performance-oriented professional with a Psychology degree from Fulham and over 7 years of counseling experience in a health facility. Looking to obtain a counselor position with a reputable psychiatric facility where my potentials will be fully utilized.
8. Energetic individual with a passion to work with individuals, groups, and communities to improve mental health. Hoping to secure a counselor position in an organization where my abilities will be maximized.
9. Enthusiastic professional with the ability to develop therapeutic processes for needy clients. Seeking a counselor position in a dynamic facility to enhance a system that can develop the confidence of clients.
10. Desire to secure a counselor position with Dell Psychiatric facility. Offering strong ability to encourage clients to discuss their deepest emotions and experience.
11. Looking to obtain a counselor position in a fast-paced organization where exceptional ability to address issues of concern with quality care for clients to learn and make informed and healthy decisions on the path they wish to tread.
12. Seeking a counselor position with Serel facility; an expanding organization where ability to help clients define goals and work towards its achievement will be utilized.
13. To take up responsibility as a counselor, providing the ability to cope with emotional situations one might encounter in interacting with clients.
14. To join a progressive mental clinic as a counselor bringing excellent observation and listening skills in order to identify areas of concern a client might be battling.
15. Desire a counselor position at a dynamic mental facility. Bringing ability to actively listen to client’s concerns and empathize with whatever their situation might be.
16. Dedicated individual with over 10 years of active experience in a counseling position at Fountain Psychiatry. Looking for a counselor position in a dynamic facility where my experience will be fully utilized.
17. Compassionate individual with excellent caring and selfless attitude. Looking to work in a counselor capacity to handle clients’ situations with maximum care and attention.
18. Seeking a counselor position in a challenging but rewarding academic setting to deliver exceptional counseling duties which will uplift the performance level of students.
19. A highly dedicated individual with the ability to keep records and use reporting tools. Seeking a counselor position to utilize my expertise in marking the progress of mental state of clients.
20. To work as professional counselor applying exceptional ability to help clients make decisions and choices on the way forward.
21. Experienced counselor with expertise in encouraging clients to talk about issues they feel they cannot normally share with other people in order to know where their issues comes from or what the solution can be.
22. Proactive and self-motivated individual with interest in a counselor position at Aston Mental Care facility. Coming with the ability to establish trust-relationship and respect with clients.
The strength of your counselor resume will be boosted by having a well written objective that provides value to the employer.
The content of this post and the career objective samples provided will help you in creating a winning objective statement for your counselor resume or cv each time you need to write one.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).