20 Best Summary Statements for Resumes
When applying for a job, the summary statement of your resume or CV needs to be very compelling to capture the recruiter/employer’s interest to read all parts of it and learn what you are offering.
This post focuses on helping you learn how to make an effective summary statement for your resume or CV and improve your chances of getting the recruiter/employer to spend some time reading it.
How to Write an Effective Summary Statement for Your Resume/CV
The secret to writing a great summary statement for your resume or CV is to present yourself as the right person for the job.
And how do you do that?
You can write your summary statement in such a way that it shows that you are the person the recruiter/employer is looking for to hire by learning about the job on offer.
You need to know what the job description and requirements are; these documents are usually published by the recruiter/employer.
By studying the job description, you will learn the kind of duties and responsibilities of the job that you will be expected to perform, while from the job requirements, you will discover the qualities, skills, training, experience, etc. that the recruiter/employer wants you to have to be qualified for hiring.
The above information gives you the description of the right person for the job.
Your job now is to make a summary statement for your resume that shows that you possess the required qualities, skills, experience, etc. for the position and that you perfectly understand what the job entails and will be successful in it.
Now, let’s see some good examples of summary statements that you can learn from and use in writing your resume summary statement:
20 Best Summary Statements for Resumes
- Team-oriented individual willing to work at WOAR – Philadelphia Center Against Sexual Violence as a Crisis Advocate where 7 years of work experience with vulnerable individuals and strong ability to provide crisis intervention services to victims of sexual violence will be utilized. Also comes with a Bachelor’s degree in Education, computer competency in Microsoft Office, and the capacity to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Energetic individual with 7 years of experience in Graphic Design, Media Production, and Marketing seeks a Creative Marketing Manager position with Hermanson Company, to develop graphics to visually relay technical information, processes, culture, and Client/Employee interactions. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, a portfolio of sample works, and the ability to manage websites and track email analytics.
- To obtain a position with Fusion Academy as a Yoga Teacher to provide a one-to-one teaching experience in the area of yoga at grade levels 6 to 12. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree with certification to teach yoga, experience with students with learning differences and ADHD, and great mentoring experience.
- Passionate individual with previous experience in Customer Service, Support-oriented roles, and early-stage high growth E-commerce startup seeks a Beauty Advisor position with Thrive Causemetics Inc., to become the product specialist across beauty and skincare. Also bringing an undergraduate degree with 3 years of experience working in a customer service role, and strong project management skills.
- Safety conscious individual with 6 years of relevant work experience in an industrial setting desires an Energy Engineer position with Schneider Electric to work collaboratively with customers to understand their challenges and discover solutions to meet their efficiency goals. Also bringing a 4-year Science degree, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and EIT certification.
- An individual with strong ability to learn quickly interested in a Store Manager position at Michael KorsCosta Mesa seeks to utilize 3 years of store manager experience at a specialty retailer. Also coming with strong customer service skills, a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to deliver operational excellence in all store processes.
- Team-oriented individual eager to work at the City of Seattle as a Court Clerk to accurately record and review details of court proceedings and a variety of case-related information into a court database. Also coming with experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the work of a Court Clerk, and the ability to work with executives and the public.
- Passionate individual hopeful for a Visual Merchandiser position with H&M, to provide excellent direct and indirect customer service according to H&M standards. Also coming with an Associate’s degree in fashion industry specialty, 2 years of retail visual merchandising experience, and strong visual merchandising and basic computer skills.
- Extremely organized individual interested in a Registered Dietitian position with Factor, seeks to make an impact and improve the health of customers. Also bringing a current Registered Dietitian certificate, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and experience in motivational interviewing for general wellness nutrition, functional nutrition, sports nutrition, weight loss, and other varieties of diet types.
- Individual with 8 years of experience seeks a Senior SharePoint Developer job with TMR, Inc., to prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree with a background in interpreting project specifications and requirements, and experience creating business models and implementing meta-model data structures.
- Detail-oriented professional with experience utilizing Salesforce and reviewing contracts and professional legal agreements desires the Commercial Real Estate Agent position with James Capital Advisors where the ability to manage dataset through business development outreach will be applied. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree in Business with the California Real Estate Salesperson license, and strong communication skills.
- Seeking a Security Systems Installer job with Leidos where 5 years of engineering experience and 2 years of in-field work experience will be utilized. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, U.S. citizenship with current possession of a DoD Secret Security clearance, and knowledge of ACS & ESS systems.
- A highly experienced individual seeking a Video Editor position with Yelp, to work closely with the Senior Editor to ingest and organize footage. Also coming with 10 years of experience working as an Editor, high proficiency in Premiere Pro and editing non-scripted videos, and a solid understanding of the video content that performs well on social.
- Certified individual with 5 years of business experience as Retail Store Manager longs for a Retail Operations Manager position with CB2, to implement and manage retail operational processes to drive sales growth and profitability. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree in Business, knowledge of retail operations, and strong organizational and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Talented individual seeking to work with Rockstar Games as a Gameplay Programmer with 5 years of game programming experience, to utilize the ability to work together with designers and animators to deliver features on schedule. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and experience developing in a team environment, and solid C/C++ programming skills.
- Highly-motivated individual hopeful to gain employment with Marie Veronique as a Quality Control Technician to coordinate testing of raw materials, packaging, and finished products. Also bringing 5 years of quality control experience, excellent time-management skills, organizational ability, and excellent computer skills with the ability to complete assigned tasks without constant supervision.
- To obtain a Global Health Officer position with Futrend Technology, Inc. to communicate and work with colleagues at the secretarial and White House levels. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree in Global Health, 5 years of experience working in a global health setting, and proficiency in Microsoft Office package.
- Skilled Pest Control Technician with knowledge of pest control policies and procedures seeks to work with Howard University Hospital to utilize the ability to make daily and periodic schedules for the observation and controlling of flying and crawling insects and animals throughout the hospital. Also coming with a High School diploma, 3 years of experience in the extermination field, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Hopeful to gain employment with Roofstock as an Investment Analyst to source out, analyze, and underwrite existing and potential investments across single-family equity funds. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree, 6 years of work experience in banking, and advanced Excel skills, and experience with financial reporting and statistical modeling.
- A well-organized individual with 5 years of experience in an IT support role seeks employment with Fastly as an IT Help Desk Specialist to respond to support requests in person and via a ticketing system. Also bringing knowledge and hands-on experience handling Apple & Windows laptops and desktops as well as good interpersonal relations and experience using and running ticket-based enterprise workflow management systems.
You can increase the chances of your resume/CV to be read by the recruiter/employer by having a highly impressive resume summary statement in it.
This post provided detailed information to help you learn and master writing an impactful summary statement for your resume or CV.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).