20 Best Resume Summary Examples you can Use
If you are writing a resume for a job, you need to begin it with a punchy summary to draw in the recruiter into the body of the resume.
The resume summary is a few statements usually in 3 to 4 lines that highlight your work experience and major achievements in roles that you have handled.
It serves to showcase your areas of strength or expertise right from the start of the resume to encourage the recruiter to read the entire resume.
This article will guide you on how to write an effective summary for your resume, and also show you some good resume summary examples covering various industries.
How to Write an Effective Resume Summary
A resume summary is suitable for people with cognate work experience. This includes graduates, senior executives, intermediate-level employees, etc. as long as you have some practical experience relevant for success on the job.
How to Make a Great Resume Summary for any Position
A resume is effective if it has the capacity to get the hiring manager look forward to meeting you, or it can pass the ATS software screening used by many multi-national organizations and fortune 500 companies to screen applicants’.
To write an effective resume summary, first start by studying the description of the published job, then highlight the key words in the summary in few lines, such as responsibilities and qualifications or requirements associated with the role.
This implies that your resume summary cannot be generic but must always be tailored to the job you are vying for.
To write a great resume summary, start with a description of yourself using strong adjectives in few words; mention your present job title and experience, state how you will help the recruiter achieve their goals, and provide information on your achievements in your current employment to prove that you can deliver on your promise.
But, remember that the adjectives, key words, and how to achieve the goals of the employer should emanate from the job description.
That way, your resume will pass both an ATS software screening and scrutiny by a hiring manager.
To aid your learning of how to create effective summary for your resume, here are some summary examples from several careers to guide you:
20 Best Resume Summary Examples you can apply
- Self-motivated Communication Manager with sound initiative and 7 years of experience providing media content on the sports industry. Looking to assist TSL with proficient writing and IT expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud software to promote the brand on various social media platforms. At ABC, increased brand awareness by 70% and reduced promotion expense by 30%.
- Reliable and licensed Personal Vehicle Package Driver with 3 years of experience. Eager to support UPS in providing prompt delivery services of personal packages. At TSL, had 100% compliance record to company’s appearance policy, No at fault accidents within the last three years, and No moving violations in the last 12 months.
- Goal-oriented IT Specialist with 5 years of experience. Seeking to utilize exceptional troubleshooting and debugging skills and advanced skills in various IT systems to support the Department of Navy. At 3Ci, learnt 3 new technologies within 6months and consistently contributed to team projects. Guaranteed a secure IT Systems and applications by 90%.
- Experienced HR professional looking to support ABC Company with expertise in designing and executing HR strategy in support of the strategic direction of the organization. In SSM Health, increased productivity by 50% and reduced turnover by 75 % within 2 years, utilizing strong technological aptitude, critical evaluation, project management, and team-building skills.
- Resourceful Marketing Coordinator with 8 years of experience. Seeking to support UPS in developing effective digital marketing plans. In ABC, developed skill set covering e-commerce, content generation, and SEO website optimization. Consistently maintained ABC’s website as top 10 sites on Google in the last 3 years, and increased e-commerce sales revenue by 70%.
- Detail-oriented and tech savvy Admin Manager, looking to utilize 5 years of experience, strong prioritization, and problem-solving skills, decision-making, and negotiation skills to ensure smooth office operations for TSL. At ABC Inc. introduced 5 sources of office supplies, reduced operations cost by 50%, and reduced employee conflict by 90% in 3 months.
- Meticulously detailed Biomedical Life Scientist with Master’s degree in Biology and 7 years of experience. Seeks to leverage a solid science background and excellent scientific writing and time management skills to support Liedos. In ABC Inc. utilized data management tools to improve research outcomes.
- Detail and quality-oriented Assembly Worker with 3 years of experience working in a team-oriented and fast paced environment. Seeks to boost AAM’s productivity level by utilizing solid technical skills. Awarded best staff consecutively for 2 years for consistently meeting production targets.
- Energetic Sales Manager with 5 years of technical sales experience. Seeks to leverage on solid sales background to develop strategies that will boost sales for ABC Company. Awarded staff of the year 3 consecutive times for exceeding sales target. At SSM, motivated the sales team to achieve 50% increase in sales and 30 % increase in repeat customers.
- Result-oriented Scheduler with 3 years of experience scheduling industrial construction projects. Seeks to boost IPs’ productivity by expert knowledge of scheduling software, standard cost control tools and exceptional collaborative and time management skills. At ABC, increased project completion rate by 98.7% and data accuracy by 95%.
- Intellectually curious and detail-oriented Programmer with 3 years of software development experience. Seeks to assist ABC solve clients’ business problems by utilizing broad knowledge of programming, Software Engineering Lifecycle, programming languages, and Data Management. At ABC, provided efficient data solutions within 3 months of joining the company.
- Seasoned Business Analyst with a Master’s degree in Computer Science and 10 years of experience. Eager to join ABC Inc. to utilize first-class managerial and analytical skills in support of warehouse operations. In TSL Inc, improved warehouse profitability by 40% and reduced logistics cost by 30%.
- Highly driven Data Analyst with strong initiative and 7 years of experience analyzing business processes. Looking to leverage visualization and analytical skills to improve sales and drive growth at Trace3 Inc. At ABC, reduced operating cost by 40% and identified a bottleneck that saved the organization $1,000,000.
- Finance and Operations Manager with strong financial and administrative skills, and 7 years of experience. Desire to leverage strong finance background, budgeting, planning, and managerial expertise to achieve operational excellence for ABC Inc. At CBC Inc. eliminated low margin transactions, boosted productivity by 30%, and improved revenue by 45 %.
- Detail-oriented and discreet Senior CPA with proven account reconciliation and IT expertise and 7 years of experience, eager to join ABC Inc. In previous employment, improved TSL’s record accuracy by 95%, and improved cloud computing practices saving the company 100 hours monthly.
- Energetic and outgoing Sales Officer with 2 years of experience providing sales consultation and solutions to customers independently or in teams, seeks to support ABC in providing excellent customer service by recommending storage solutions to meet their needs through friendly interaction. At ABC, expanded business by 70% and positive feedback by 60%.
- Result-oriented and exceptionally organized Digital Marketing Specialist with 6+ years of experience. Proficient in developing new businesses and creating well-targeted sales pitch. Seeks to boost ABC’s KPIs using digital marketing strategies. At HealthPlus, increased sales revenue by 60%, expanded business by 70%, and slashed promotion cost by 50%.
- Exceptionally creative Data Scientist with superb communication skills and 5+ years of experience utilizing Statistical Modeling and Machine Learning Techniques. Seeks to create data collection models that generate insight for ABC. In TSL inc. developed models that explained business concepts, and developed algorithms and production-grade codes.
- Detail-oriented and energetic Housekeeping Supervisor with 7 years of experience. Eager to support ABC Hotels in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and Hygiene. In Rose Hotels, supervised 10 housekeeping staff, contributed to improving customer experiences and boosted positive customer reviews by 50%.
- Exceptionally organized Warehouse Associate with Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and 3 years of experience. Desire to join Trace3 Inc. to improve warehouse processes and top KPIs. In previous roles, improved efficiency by 70% and reduced loading time by 21 hours weekly.
A resume summary allows you to present your competence and achievement at the top of the resume page in a way that the hiring manager can tell your worth from reading the first lines of your resume.
To make it easy for you to learn how to make a great summary for your resume, we have provided 20 examples on different career paths that you can use to create yours.
However, you must ensure to tailor your resume summary to the specific job you are applying for.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).