If you are writing a resume or CV for the job of an interior designer, it is important to pay attention to its career objective statement.
The career objective is a short blurb that presents your skills, abilities, and qualities to the employer or HR personnel.
It makes a strong argument that you are the right spec for the interior designer job in question, and will succeed in the role.
The objective statement plays a vital role in the success of your resume.
As the first statement on your resume, a quality interior designer objective will capture the interest of the employer as well as get him/her to read the other sections of the resume.
When writing your resume objective, have it in mind that there are several other people also applying for the same position.
Make your objective statement your voice to set your resume apart from the others, assuring the employer that you are the best person for the interior designer job, and give you a chance for interview placement.
This article will aid you in crafting an outstanding resume objective and increase your chances of securing an interior designer job.
How to Write an Outstanding Interior Designer Resume Objective
The first step in writing a winning objective for interior designer resume or CV is to understand the key skills, qualities, qualifications, and experiences required to be successful as an interior designer.
An employer seeks to achieve some specific goals through a job role, so your chances of securing the job will be greatly enhanced if your career objective positions you as the candidate to actualize those goals.
To discover the skills valuable to your employer, take a critical look at the job description and requirements published by the employer for the available interior designer job.
Then match your core skills, qualities, experiences, degrees, and certifications with the job specification.
Also, ensure that the skills you have highlighted in your objective are actually relevant to the interior designer role that you are applying for; this will present you as a strong candidate for the job.
Your chances will be greatly enhanced when your resume objective captures the key skills and competences that are valuable to the employer.
It will assure the employer that you will contribute immensely to the achievement of their set goals.
Here are some examples of objective statements to help you quickly learn how to make your resume objective for interior designer job more effective:
Best 22 Examples of Career Objective Statements for Interior Designer Resume
1. Exceptionally creative individual with 5+ years experience in commercial interiors. Interested in the job of Interior Designer at XYZ Inc. to apply exceptional creativity in corporate interior projects.
2. Enthusiastic and multi-tasking individual with excellent visual and verbal communication skills seeks the position of Interior Designer to apply 5 years experience in commercial interiors and Revit proficiency to work on high profile interior jobs.
3. Passionate and excellent communicator with proven knowledge of interior design and space planning looking to work as an Interior Designer in a luxury brand committed to quality.
4. Highly talented and motivated expert with exceptional technical skills and Bachelor’s in Interior Design interested in the position of an Interior Designer at XYZ Inc. to apply deep knowledge of 3D room planner in transforming blank spaces into something beautiful.
5. Strong communicator with a Masters degree in architecture seeks to apply 10 years experience in large scale corporate interior projects as an Interior Decorator in Canon Design.
6. Exceptionally gifted professional with 5+ years experience in commercial designs and proficient in Revit. Interested in the position of an interior designer in HLW International. Bringing great technical skills and experience in leading BIM production project teams.
7. Excellent communicator with exceptional coordinating skills, Bachelor’s degree in Interior Architecture, and demonstrated success in the design, planning and documentation of commercial interiors seeks to advance career in the position of Interior Designer at XYZ Inc.
8. To obtain the job of Interior Designer at XYZ Inc. Bringing exceptional creativity, Master’s degree in Interior Architecture, and 8 years experience leading BIM project teams.
9. Certified professional, LEED accredited. Looking to apply profound creativity plus 10 years experience in corporate designs in the position of an Interior Designer at XYZ Inc.
10. Proactive and enthusiastic individual looking for the job of Interior Designer in a reputable company to apply over 7 years experience in designing and planning of corporate interiors to proactively identify and resolve project related issues.
11. Meticulously detailed individual seeks to work at XYZ Inc. as an Interior Designer. Coming with strong organizational skills, Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, and 3years experience in commercial interiors.
12. Exceptionally creative and artistically-minded professional seeking the role of Interior Designer at Rockwell Group. Bringing 5years experience providing outstanding interior designing solutions to clients.
13. Experienced and versatile interior designer seeking for a position with ABC Designs. Bringing proficiency in 3-D programs and novel interior designing concepts.
14. Passionate and creative individual with a Bachelor’s in Interior Design. Seeking for the position of an Interior Designer to apply outstanding graphic designing skills in low scale interior projects for the company.
15. Looking to work at XYZ Inc. as an Interior Designer where strong conceptual and organizational skills, as well as a keen sense of elemental colors and schemes will be applied in offering excellent design strategies.
16. Excellent communicator and outstanding presenter with a Master’s degree in architecture desires to obtain an Interior Designer position with Reinventing Designs, to offer expertise in design processes, Auto AD, Photoshop, and presentation.
17. Creative problem solver with ability to work with deadlines. Interested in the position of Interior Designer at XYZ Inc. to utilize 3 years of experience in an interior design studio.
18. Looking to obtain the position of Interior Designer in an award winning design firm. Offering strong conceptual skills, expert knowledge of Adobe creative suite, plus 3 years experience in the hospitality industry.
19. Seeking to advance my career as an Interior Designer at Masterpiece. Bringing strong technical expertise, FF&E knowledge, and 5years of demonstrated project completion experience
20. Strong conceptual design ability and excellent organizer, seeks the position of Interior Designer at Rockwood Designs. Bringing technical expertise (AutoCAD, Photoshop, and specifications), 5+ years Hospitality experience and FF&E knowledge.
21. Creative professional with 3years experience in an interior design studio desires to further my career as an Interior Designer at XYZ Inc. Offering ability to navigate the Design and Decoration software, A+D building, 200 Lex and industry showrooms independently, as well as experience in collating product specifications and schedules.
22. Highly creative professional with Strong conceptual skills desires employment at XYZ Inc. as an Interior Designer to apply 6years experience in corporate interiors.
You can make your resume or CV for the interior designer job more compelling by crafting a great career objective statement.
The content of this post, including the sample objectives provided will help you in making an effective objective for your interior designer resume.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).