20 Best Resume Objective Examples for Leadership Positions
If you are writing a resume or CV for a leadership position, you need to begin it with a compelling objective statement to get the attention of the recruiter/employer to read it.
It is important to get the recruiter/employer to read your resume or CV to learn about your offering for the leadership position that you are applying for and to properly assess your suitability for the job.
Your chances of being hired for the leadership role is higher if your resume is read, and a good way of making your resume attractive to the recruiter/employer to read it is by starting it with a captivating career objective.
This post shows you how to make an effective resume objective for a leadership position:
How to Make a Great Leadership Resume Objective Statement
To make a great resume objective statement for a leadership role begins with learning about the job and what the recruiter/employer wants.
When hiring for a vacant leadership position, employers/recruiters usually publish the job requirements, which consists of a list of skills, experience, education, etc. that the successful candidate for the job must meet to be hired for the leadership job.
They also publish the job description, which highlights the duties and responsibilities of the leadership position that the person picked for the job will be expected to perform.
By studying both the job requirements and description you will be able to write an objective statement for your resume or CV that shows that you meet the description of the person the recruiter/employer wants to hire for the leadership position.
Your resume objective should highlight the major qualities, skills, experience, education, etc. that you have and that match what the employer/recruiter requires for the leadership position.
It should also reflect the fact that you have perfect knowledge of the duties of the leadership job that you will be expected to perform and that you have the competence to succeed in it.
Now, let’s see some good examples of leadership resume objective statements to guide you in making yours:
20 Best Objective Examples for Leadership Positions
- Passionate individual hopeful for a Leadership Trainer position with The Leadership Service to serve as a mentor and positive role model. Coming with a Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience working in city public schools. Also bringing excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and experience with Social Emotional Learning framework.
- Seeking a Program Coordinator position with IREX where previous experience and interest in youth leadership, international education, and professional development programs will be applied. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree in international studies and development, 5 years of relevant professional experience, and experience in coordinating event logistics and management.
- Extremely organized individual interested in securing a Program Manager position with Amazon, bringing 5+ years of experience in program and a Bachelor’s degree. Also bringing exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to build, execute, manage, complete, and improve programs and projects.
- An individual with strong reasoning ability looking to contribute enough experience in the Leadership position at Torch as a Leadership Coach. Coming with a graduate degree in Human Development and ICF-accredited coaching certification. Also coming with 5 years of experience coaching leaders at multiple levels, as well as the ability to help emerging leaders and mid-level managers become better leaders than ever thought possible.
- Seeking the job of a Program Coordinator where 5 years of work experience in a coordinator role will be utilized. Coming with exceptional G-Suite and calendaring skills, and experience performing coordination work. Also coming with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated capability to manage confidential information with extreme discretion.
- Experienced individual seeking a Leadership Trainer position with SLB Consulting looks to apply 3 years of professional sales experience in the job. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to open accounts and process documents, and enable customer solutions with bundles and coupon codes.
- Certified leadership development consultant with a Master’s degree in Organizational Development and 10+ years of experience in a combination of coaching and leadership roles. Longing for a Leadership Development Consultant position with Valcoline Inc. to own and drive leadership assessment and communication, and create individual development plans with leaders and Human Resource Managers.
- Talented individual seeking to work with Booz Allen Hamilton as a Leadership Development Learning Manager with a Master’s degree in Organizational Development and 7+ years of experience in program management with increasing levels of responsibility, reputation, and leadership. Also bringing excellent communication and influencing skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Hopeful to gain employment with Shake Shack as a Leadership and Development Manager to create and implement leadership development programs that align with strategy, competency model, and learning needs for all levels and areas of the organizations. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree in Learning and Development and 5 years of work experience in stand-up facilitation and training project management.
- To obtain a Leadership position with Google to leverage the ability to plan, coordinate, and manage safety and security resources for large scale Google Executive Protection missions. Also coming with a Bachelor’s degree; 10 years of EP/DP Protection responsibilities conducted globally; and excellent attention to detail, communication, organizational, and customer service skills.
- A highly skilled individual seeks a Leadership position Fastec Inc. where the ability to train and develop team members as well as improve team performance will be applied. Comes with a Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of proven leadership experience. Also bringing excellent customer service skills, detail-oriented skills, and the ability to perform with excellence while in the operation of the business and maintain a positive working relationship with the team providing feedback when necessary.
- Hopeful to gain employment with Johnson & Johnson as a Development Program Leader to participate and lead in rotational assignments encompassing the entire project. Also coming with a GPA of 3.3, excellent communication skills, demonstrated problem-solving skills, and the ability to anticipate and proactively address challenges and risks.
- A well-organized individual with the ability to assist in scheduling, organizing, and formatting information ahead of meetings with frontline fundraisers, senior management, and executive support. Seeking employment with Human Rights Watch as a Leadership Gift Assistant to utilize excellent oral and written communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Team-oriented individual willing to work at Axon as a Development Program Leader with 7 years of leadership experience and a Master’s degree in Business. Looking to utilize strong dedication to AXON’s mission and the willingness to join forces and drive company-wide initiatives across multiple departments.
- Energetic individual with proven leadership skills seeks to apply five years of experience as a Leadership Development Consultant with Clockwork Concepts. Coming with a Bachelor’s degree, excellent interpersonal skills, and solution-oriented skills. Also bringing strong work ethic, motivated and goal-oriented skills, and a great entrepreneurial mentality.
- To obtain a Leadership position with DoorDash to help define, design, and implement leadership recruiting programs and search engagements for a variety of leadership roles. Also bringing 5+ years of leadership sourcing and candidate development in-house experience; and in-depth understanding of market mapping, talent research, and candidate identification.
- Passionate individual seeking an Organizational Development Lead position with The Washington Post where a Bachelor’s degree in HR and 8+ years of OD experience will be utilized. Also bringing solid presentation, facilitation, and communication skills, as well as the ability to build credibility and maintain productive relationships across the company.
- Safety conscious individual with a high level of skills and experience desires a Principal Organizational Development & Effectiveness Consultant position with Whole Foods Market, to serve as a trusted advisor to leaders on change management, team effectiveness, and leadership development. Also bringing a Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience designing and delivering OD and OE programs.
- Individual with strong ability to learn fast interested in the position of a Learning & Organizational Development Coordinator at GUILD, seeks to apply 5 years of experience as a systems admin for a learning management system. Also bringing experience with managing enrollment for leadership, manager, and team development programs, as well as strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate the vendor contracting and invoicing process.
- Team-oriented individual eager to work in a Leadership role at Beaumont Health, brings 7+ years of organizational development experience. Also coming with a Master’s degree; strong writing, communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills; and the ability to provide consultative services to the onsite HR team and leaders.
If you are seeking a leadership position, your chances of getting an interview with the recruiter/employer are higher if you begin your resume with an impressive objective.
This post provides ideas and examples that you can apply to learn and master how to make an irresistible objective statement for your resume for a leadership position.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).