Top Billing and Coding Resume Objective Examples You Can Use
If you are looking to obtain a billing and coding job, it is important that you have a well written objective statement in your resume or CV to improve the chances of the recruiter reading your resume.
You need to get the recruiter or employer to read your resume or CV because they don’t always read all the resumes they get.
They commonly do a quick scan on the resumes submitted to them and pick out the ones that catch their attention for detailed reading.
It is the resumed that are read that are usually selected for interview invitation.
That means, you need a compelling career objective statement for your billing and coding resume to grab the recruiter’s attention to go into your resume to learn about what you have to offer.
This post shows how you can make effective billing and coding resume objectives and increase your chances of getting the job.
How to Make a Great Resume Objective for Billing and Coding Position
A great resume objective statement is one that has the capacity to grab the attention of the reader and gets him/her to desire to meet with you in an interview.
For your billing and coding objective statement to achieve that goal, it must contain skills, competence, experience, and training or educational information that are important to the hiring organization.
Essential capabilities that may be expected from an applicant for the billing and coding position include knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 codes, medical terminology, and procedures, attention to detail, data entry skills, typing speed, collaborative skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and billing and coding experience.
However, your utmost decision is to rely on the job description for the particular billing and coding job published by the recruiter to understand what knowledge, skills, and abilities that are required for executing the job; and then present them in your resume objective statement.
Need some good examples to really understand what a great billing and coding objective statement looks like, check out these:
Best 20 Billing and Coding Resume Objective Samples You Can Apply
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent time management and mathematical skills; interest in an entry-level Billing and Coding Specialist position at SSU. Coming with excellent typing and computer skills, as well as ability to learn medical terminologies and procedures.
- Looking to obtain a Billing and Coding position with Exact, to apply 2 years of work experience in a medical office. Offering deep knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes, medical terminology, and procedures. Also bringing exceptional computer and typing skills and a goal-oriented mindset.
- Self-motivated and highly accurate medical billing and coding specialist with 4 years of experience, High School Diploma, and excellent typing and time management skills. Seeking for the position of a Billing and Coding Specialist at ABC.
- Certified professional coder with strong knowledge of ICD-10 diagnostic and CPT procedural code sets, seeking a Billing and Coding position with ABC Company. Offering 2 years of coding experience and a friendly and collaborative personality.
- Meticulous individual with Bachelor’s degree and professional Biller certification, seeking for a Billing and Coding position at SSM Health. Bringing solid knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, and approval criteria of Medicare and major insurance providers. Coming with excellent typing skills with 95% accuracy and ability to work independently.
- Detail-oriented individual with analytical and mathematical skills and AS Degree. Looking for a Billing and Coding position at ABC, to utilize 3 years prior experience. Bringing experience filing claims electronically, generating, and interpreting accounting reports, and working with Google Sheets.
- Looking to obtain a Billing and Coding position with Eduardo Hidalgo MD to utilize 2 years of billing experience. Bringing knowledge of medical terminology and CPT and proficient skills working with spreadsheets.
- CMRS with an understanding of ICD-10 diagnostic and CPT procedural code sets, and familiarity with HEDIS measurements of health plan performance. Interested in a Billing and Coding position with CBC, to utilize 3 years of coding experience. Coming with a goal-oriented mindset, meticulous attention to detail, and exceptional time management and collaborative skills.
- Tech-savvy and certified coder with 2 years of healthcare claims experience, seeking a Billing and Coding position at CSI Companies. Coming with knowledge of CPT, ability to work independently and High School Diploma.
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented individual with strong mathematical skills and AS Degree. Seeking for a Billing and Coding Specialist position at Wellness Clinic to utilize 2 years of billing experience and 1 year of coding experience. Coming with excellent typing skills and deep knowledge of ICD-9 diagnostic and CPT procedural code sets.
- Problem-solver and professional communicator with experience working with payer collection procedures and requirements, seeking for a Billing and Coding position at Randstad. Bringing strong knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding, HMO, PPO, Managed Care and Indemnity plans, and proficient skills in Microsoft Office application.
- Self-starter and team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, looking to obtain a Billing and Coding position at ABC where solid experience with payer portal websites and 3 years of experience working with managed-care payers will be applied.
- Seeking to utilize exceptional knowledge of coding and billing procedures in a Billing and Coding position at ABC Clinics. Coming with working knowledge of ICD-10 diagnostic and CPT procedural code sets, and expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exceptionally detailed and superb communicator with High School Diploma and advanced computer and data entry skills, seeking to obtain employment as a Billing and Coding Specialist with SSM. Bringing knowledge of medical terminology, approval criteria of major insurance providers, and extensive experience in CPT and ICD-9 coding sets.
- Service-oriented individual with a collaborative and meticulous personality, looking for a Billing and Coding position in Thrivas, to utilize 2 years of experience performing billing and coding functions at XYZ Clinics. Coming with expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, CPT, ICD-10, coding and medical terminology, and typing speed of 45 WPM.
- Meticulous individual with solid knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, coding and medical terminology, looking for a Billing and Coding position with ISM. Coming with first-rate communication and interpersonal skills, advanced-level skills in Microsoft Office tools, and 2 years billing and coding experience.
- Talented and detail-oriented individual with effective communication skills and High School Diploma, interested in a Billing and Coding role at SSM Health. Offering deep understanding of bookkeeping techniques, medical terminology, ICD-9 and CPT coding, and expert skills working with spreadsheets.
- Critical thinker with the ability to handle crisis situations, looking to work as a Billing and Coding Staff with Pridestaff Financials. Offering profound knowledge of hospital, federal and state billing procedures and regulations, and 2 years of experience working with electronic health records.
- Certified coding specialist with clear communication and customer service skills, looking to obtain a Billing and Coding position with BSM where deep knowledge of HEDIS, EHR, medical terminology, PCS and CPT coding will be utilized.
- Outstanding communicator with critical thinking abilities and 3 years of experience as a medical biller and coder. Interested in a Billing and Coding position in TSL, to utilize knowledge of EHR, CPT, ICD-9, ICD-10, coding and medical terminology. Also coming with superior data entry skills, detail-orientation, and 45 WPM typing speed.
Hiring managers or recruiters would only advance you to the next stage of the recruitment process if they consider your skills, knowledge, and abilities as beneficial to the billing and coding position that you are applying for.
So, it is crucial that you follow the job description for the position as a guide to know the top skills and qualities that are required by the recruiter for the billing and coding position, so that you can craft an objective statement for your resume that exactly meets what the recruiter wants.>>> Create a professional resume in just 3 steps with the Amazing Resume Builder (it's free!).