A pharmacy technician can find employment in the healthcare sector, including hospitals; clinics, rehabs, and retail pharmacy stores where he/she works under the supervision of registered pharmacists, and assists them in preparing and distributing prescribed drugs to patients.
He/she also handles the maintenance of the department’s drug inventory and records.
To succeed in getting a job as pharmacy technician, you need to present a good and compelling resume that can get the attention of employers.
Below is a sample of pharmacy technician resume, which is a good example of what a great resume looks like, and which you can use as a guide in making your own resume and stand a better chance of being called to an interview.
XYZ Straight Street • Atlanta, Georgia • 77777 • Home: (111) 222-5555, Cell: (222) 222-2222 • firstname.lastname@example.org
OBJECTIVE: Looking for the position of Pharmacy Technician with XYZ Meds where my two years hospital experience providing effective and efficient assistance and support to pharmacists in the area of drug preparation, packaging, and distribution to patients, will be utilized.
PROFILE: Highly talented Pharmacy Technician with extensive experience performing compounding and any other duties as assigned by pharmacists that concern the dispensing of infusion therapy or as required.
- Strong IV (infusion) admixture experience.
- Strong experience in computer data entry.
- Strong retail pharmacy experience.
- Strong ability to communicate by email and ability to type 25 words-per-minute without errors.
- Effective in communicating in writing as well as verbally.
- Strong computer proficiency skills.
AAA Healthcare Services, hometown, BA
2010 – Present
- Follow all relevant regulations set by government, including local, state, and federal governments, relating to pharmaceutical materials.
- Ensure cleanroom area is well maintained and cleaned at all times.
- Responsible for sanitizing, maintaining, and tracking infusion equipment.
- Execute pharmaceutical infusion compounding task as assigned.
- Take part in performance improvement and pharmacy quality control programs.
- Take inventory of drugs and other medical supplies.
- Adhere to HIPAA and other government regulations.
- Execute other duties that may be assigned by pharmacists.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL TRAINING:
- High school diploma, Sunshine School, VA, 2009.
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate, AAA School of Pharmacy, 2010.
- Pharmacy Technician license currently valid.
Related Post: Pharmacy Technician Resume Objectives